2007-2017: 10 Years with the Axe-Fx

I can't believe I've had the XL+ for almost 2-1/2 years- feels like I just got it...

I've had all the units before it- but it feels like it just came out

@ solo-act ...Wow....Can I cop your post?....word for word? LOL. I think I irked Cliff a couple times too LOL!

Took a long time for me to go solo with backing tracks but now over 2 years and it works!

10 years for me too and it seems like yesterday. Fractal Rocks!

Great story

I blame Steve Vai for not start using AXE-FX earlier. Read about him start to use the ULTRA in 2010.
http://www.vai.com/category/news/page/59/

I thought that if Steve Vai uses it, its probably a massive overkill for me and >5,000USD, so never bother looking.
Half a year later (I think) I came a cross Kjetil strands videos on Youtube and his series of "(R)evolution of Rock Guitar-Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra Preamp/Effects processor"
Still rocks btw

Living in China, I spent endless nights on Ebay trying to hunt down a unit and finally scored one and got it shipped to Hong Kong.
Good times ever after. Talked my "tube amp nut" friend into buying one too last year. His Mesa is now collecting dust...

Hi,

Great story! I'm some kind of newbee comparing to you I have AxeFX 2 first model till early 2011, and this is my main rig and love till that day!

Thanks Cliff. You rule.

Nice story and great thread. I also go all the way back to the beginning with the Standard in 2007.

I've been recording guitars DI since 1988, when I got a Rockman Ace, and I've probably owned one of everything over the years trying to get DI tones that I could live with.

The AFX2 goes so far beyond "sounds I can live with" that it's not even funny. The only limitation now is me, not my gear.

Great story man I been committed to Fractal ever since 2017 and I haven't looked back. (Image poor sad lil analog tube amps with sad faces like that Thomas engine as they disappear into the dark depths of the sea)

SoloAct, Javajunkie, Scott Petersen et al were among the many early users who I followed in my research phase before I ultimately purchased an Ultra in Jan 2008. [I upgraded to an AxeFx II some years ago] In those early days Fractal were not exporting outside the USA so I had to have mine sent to a friend stateside who then on-sent it to me here in Australia. I followed that early forum fanatically/daily for years and STILL check in here every day. I'm reasonably sure I was one of the very first adopters here in Oz. Best musical purchase I've ever made from the best company that I've ever dealt with - EVER!

Scotts tpg threads got me interested, and I went on the g66 list in March 08 before I left for an operational tour of Iraq. I received a standard on my return in nov 08 and haven't looked back. The only change was an ug to a mk2 afx2 on release.

I finally bought my first Axe FX II a little over two years ago from a forumite who's been a friend for a while now. I think I may have actually talked him into getting his first unit. I was finally able to pull the trigger on an XL+ last night and found out at lunchtime my Mark 1 sold.

I have followed Fractal Audio on different forums over the last few years. Always wanted one but could never afford one. One day I went to a jam session with a drummer friend and one guy had an Ultra which made my Line 6 gadget sound like a cheap toy. I knew right then I wanted an AxeFx.

Several years ago I sold a pod x3 on eBay and im pretty sure a Scott Peterson bought it. Not sure if its the same guy...

Eric (aka soloact) spent about 1.5 hours on the phone with me in 2007 as I barraged him with questions and he did indeed explain my head would explode.

Here I am in 2018 and it's been a helluva ride. Gigging every week in a classic rock/pop/country band (often both Friday and Saturday) and Sunday at Church. I roll now with the AX-8 but it's been all Fractal based for me and it has been an exceptional playing experience since that call to Eric way back when. I've met so many friends and have both been helped and tried to help out so many people (many of them still friends of mine) in these years setting up their Fractal gear, I cannot express how much Fractal Audio has meant to me. To Cliff, Matt and the whole team - rock on!!!

Back
Top Bottom