2 won't see usb

My Mark 2 won't see the usb on my laptop. It will see my desktop just fine, which is the same OS as my laptop. I have reseated and changed all the cables. All drives are current everywhere. I have a mobile session coming up and need it all working correctly. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Steve

What OS is your laptop running?
It's difficult to give assistance without some basics about your configuration.
How can you tell your Mark 2 won't see the USB on your laptop? Where are you seeing this on the Mark 2?

Your laptop might be trying to be smart like mine :( Mine will try and use it's own drivers instead of Fractals, which then shuts down the USB port instantly. If you're lucky, yours' won't do it instantly and you'll have time to stop it from trying to load it's own and then tell it to load Fractals...hope this helps.

Thank you for the help. Sorry on the parts where I was vague. I just found it. For some reason the "usb adapter mode" got set to off. I have no idea how or when.
Thanks again,
Steve

Ok, it seems that I have spoke too soon. I have NO CLUE what is going on. So, any help is greatly appreciated.

First, I have an Axe-Fx II Mark 2 with 17.04 software. I have a desktop iMac with 10.10.1 Yosemite and a MacBook Pro running the exact same software, bought the same day. Both computers are running the same Fractal Bot and the same Axe Edit. I have restarted, tested the usb ports, used new cables, reinstalled, etc, multiple times. When I plug into my desktop I see "Please wait, communicating." Then the connection is 100% there. I can restart the Axe, disconnect and reconnect, or restart the software programs and the connection is 100% normal. There are 0 bugs in this situation. Now, it gets strange. When I disconnect the usb from the desktop to the laptop the software on the laptop sees the axe 100% fine. If I disconnect the usb and reconnect, it is 100% fine. If I quit the software and restart, it sees the axe 100% fine. BUT, once I power down the Axe, the unit is no longer seen. Axe-Edit, Fractal-Bot, and Logic do no see the unit AT ALL. I can't do anything to get the laptop to see the Axe. NOW, I take the Axe and plug it back into the desktop. The desktop sees the Axe completely fine as before. Once I unplug the usb from the desktop and into the laptop the laptop sees the Axe 100% fine. That is until I power down the Axe. Then it is the exact same issue. The desktop seems to be resetting something in the Axe. Can anyone help? This has to be an issue in the Axe software. Please help!
Thanks,
Steve

That means the driver isn't installed on the laptop. The Axe-Fx USB firmware is "soft". The host boots the firmware. If the driver isn't installed on the host the firmware doesn't get loaded. Once the firmware is loaded it persists until the unit is turned off.

Back
Top Bottom