2 separate inputs (Magnetic & Piezo) using Mixer Blocks

Input 1 mode should be stereo. If you do exactly what Chris did in the video it should work. Without a more thorough description or the preset file it's difficult to guess what steps you might be omitting/altering/adding.

1. 2 mixers in first column, shunts to complete those rows.

2. "BAL1" should be left in one mixer, right in the other mixer. (GAIN1/BAL1 are always the effective controls for input signal when a mixer is in the first column.)

3. Set mixer output modes to mono.

If you do that you should have each signal isolated to one row and hear both output regardless of monitoring setup and Output 1 mode--a blend of both signals will be in both Out1 channels.

So how do I start with a blank patch?

Bakerman said:
Input 1 mode should be stereo. If you do exactly what Chris did in the video it should work. Without a more thorough description or the preset file it's difficult to guess what steps you might be omitting/altering/adding.

1. 2 mixers in first column, shunts to complete those rows.

2. "BAL1" should be left in one mixer, right in the other mixer. (GAIN1/BAL1 are always the effective controls for input signal when a mixer is in the first column.)

3. Set mixer output modes to mono.

If you do that you should have each signal isolated to one row and hear both output regardless of monitoring setup and Output 1 mode--a blend of both signals will be in both Out1 channels.

Pick a simple preset (or just use 383, Bypass) and change each block to a shunt or "none" with [exit, enter] or the wheel.

Open Axe-Edit (don't even need to connect and Axe-Fx).

Choose SAVE AS... Export to Preset.

Voila. Instant empty/initialized .syx template.

I got mine going. I can only get it to work if I start from a blank preset. For some reason if I try to modify a factory preset it just won't work.

Any ideas?

shotgunn

switching the mixer mode to mono appears to boost the signal by about 6dB, so i usually lower the level control when doing this.

New guy dummy question... sat i wanted my ipod for practice sent to REAR in 2 L/R..

so my great forum brothas.... let's hear how you would rout this. (on an existing patch for practice).

Clearly i could make one from scratch..... as its jsut to lean tunes. so.. Have it it . Edumacateme!

JS

Back
Top Bottom