2 new tracks off my upcoming album! Axe FX, melodic, 8-string. For you!

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Because I love this forum and because of the fact that I'm hugely appreciative to everybody out there who has taken a listen to my tracks I've decided to post 2 more tracks here off my new upcoming solo album especially for you guys! (that was the longest sentence I've ever written :) :)
Anyway, the last track that I posted was more of a ballad, I hope these 2 tracks show some more sides of what the record will be like.
Cold is more of an upbeat track and The Hollow is more of a slow groove vibey track if that makes sense.
Before I release the thing (which will be probably very small scale, it will mainly be shared here and on Facebook) I will probably run by all the mixes and tweak some things here and there.
But these tracks are very near done.
The gear used: Axe FX II (also used as audio interface 90% of the time), Windows 7 PC with Cubase 7.5, Ibanez M80M 8-string guitars, Ibanez ATK 5-string bass, Steven Slate plugins.
I'm just rambling here so check the songs if you like here:

Edit: I just released my facebook page and my new soundcloud.
Check the facebook page here and leave a like: www.facebook.com/thejonsymonsproject
And the 2 preview songs here:

The whole album will be released soon.
Thanks for the tips and the likes so far!!:encouragement:

Last edited:
I Like it, not the usual 8 string stuff but still has grunt. Vocals a little too loud for me but very well executed. Look forward to the official release.

I Like it, not the usual 8 string stuff but still has grunt. Vocals a little too loud for me but very well executed. Look forward to the official release.

Thanks for checking out the songs man.
I'll keep that vocal level thing in mind when I revisit all the mixes!

I Love the tone on the guitars, and the overall mix, I don't really know if it's that the vocals are too loud, but maybe to bright and dry sometimes, maybe some delay and reverb might work to fit the vocal better in the mix, not making them seem that loud, great work!

I Love the tone on the guitars, and the overall mix, I don't really know if it's that the vocals are too loud, but maybe to bright and dry sometimes, maybe some delay and reverb might work to fit the vocal better in the mix, not making them seem that loud, great work!

Thanks!
Every vocal track has reverb on it and most of the chorus vocals have delay on them.
I haven't spent that much time on the mixes so I think lowering the vocals on some parts a few db's will help.
Maybe I also just like the vocals to be loud lol, still I have to be careful not to make them overpower the other instruments.

I released my official Facebook today!
Check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/thejonsymonsproject
I updated the mixes a bit (lowered the vocals a bit etc. thanks to your tips!!) and you can check them here:

I will be posting more previews and some pictures soon so if you like to stay updated please like my facebook page!
Thanks for the support guys!

I like the toon. But - and these are adversarial things - I wouldn't buy it....unnless the guitars were a LOT warmer (Stel is the man, here), and the vocals were less Tool-y and AAL, at least in the 'harmonies'. A baritone would fucking kill, especially as I'm hearing 'Saturday in the park' here.....but the voice isn't unsavory.

Back
Top Bottom