2 CLR cabs - Woohoo! ... Oh-oh...

It's a 12" low frequency driver. I've spoken to Jay a couple of times, he's discussed that with me. It is his unique way of designing the cabinet that accounts for the appearance and performance of the drivers.

Definitely unique, the actual circular cutout in the baffle that the speaker sits behind is about 9".

TT

Definitely unique, the actual circular cutout in the baffle that the speaker sits behind is about 9".

TT

So we're certain it's a 12" speaker and not a 9" or a 10" being touted as a 12". This is fertile grounds for another conspiracy driven mutiny.

Wow... I guess size really does matter.

First Subway with their 11" footlongs (my wife says a man must have measured the bread), now this! Just kidding TK! I'm certain everything is on the up and up.

Update: Tom King had left a few cabs in LA after the NAMM show for various artists to try out. He worked it out so I could just pick one up, so...

Back to the total WOO-HOO! Full on stereo CLR goodness for my birthday party/jam today!

Thanks again to Tom -- fantastic support from Atomic. I'm a very happy camper.:)

TT

Update: Tom King had left a few cabs in LA after the NAMM show for various artists to try out. He worked it out so I could just pick one up, so...

Back to the total WOO-HOO! Full on stereo CLR goodness for my birthday party/jam today!

Thanks again to Tom -- fantastic support from Atomic. I'm a very happy camper.:)

TT
Have a rockin' good CLR birthday party jam!!!

Looking at the construction I have my doubts if it is really road(ie) proof. This is not only UPS's fault. My advice to the new owners: Buy a flightcase for your baby or babies with a lot of foam. Or just put/hang them in your bedroom, studio or your home IMAX theater and leave them there. I had my doubts and after seeing these pictures these only increased. But it is your money not mine :) So better be carefull with these babies or your enjoyment will be short.

Looking at the construction I have my doubts if it is really road(ie) proof. This is not only UPS's fault. My advice to the new owners: Buy a flightcase for your baby or babies with a lot of foam. Or just put/hang them in your bedroom, studio or your home IMAX theater and leave them there. I had my doubts and after seeing these pictures these only increased. But it is your money not mine :) So better be carefull with these babies or your enjoyment will be short.

Why? Because that's a troll bait post if I have ever seen one before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

I loaded trucks at UPS and the only thing they never yelled about was be careful. They called my crew together to tell us we just had the best month the company had ever had loading the trucks! (But we can do better!) Can you believe that! I could put paper thin dinosaur bones under a Joe Weider barbell set and they wouldnt say a thing as long as it fit on the truck. Yeah that shit does happen.

Not for trolling here, but from the pictures you have a fairly heavy ceramic magnet attached to a plastic horn - again hung in four metal-arms.
I would only be concerned if the cab. was dropped from six feet to a concrete floor.

But it is interesting pictures. From my POV the 12" is not hornloaded (four straight panels with diffusion-foam). But it does the trick. And that's what matters.

Personally I would have chosen a Neo driver if I was Atomic, due to lower weight and less chance for breaks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom