2 AxeFx together

sgilsinger

Inspired
Is it possible to run 2 AxeFx2 mk2's together and controlling them with one mfc101. I have pretty complex presets and would like to run them left and right.

If you use the mfc with a midi cable and use the midi through port on the axefx, you'll be able to send them the same orders as long as their midi channel is the same :)

Isn't EtherCon just an Ethernet cable, aka CAT5, that has a metal circular connector around it ?

I've purchased the sleeves on their own, cost a few bucks, and turned them into what I believe are Ethercon cables. No soldering etc needed even

Isn't EtherCon just an Ethernet cable, aka CAT5, that has a metal circular connector around it ?
pretty sure yes. even with the "con" designation, you can put a regular cable in there.

use MIDI for connecting multiple units, not ethernet, as power will be split which isn't good, among other issues.

I've purchased the sleeves on their own, cost a few bucks, and turned them into what I believe are Ethercon cables. No soldering etc needed even
I'm not talking about the cable, I'm talking about the protocol.

The Axe Fx uses a proprietary protocol over an Ethernet RJ-45 cable, I don't believe it uses a networking protocol that would work with a network switch (based on the fact that it carries power).

@unix-guy is probably right. A consumer grade off the shelf switch probably wouldn't know what to do with the packet format. I don't have the gear to experiment, though.

I have pretty complex presets and would like to run them left and right.
I think you'd have better luck cascading them, or putting one Axe in the loop of the other one. It would be simpler to manage. And some blocks use both channels to generate a stereo signal. Ther are things you can't do if you isolate left from right at the front of the chain.

You can run 2 axes with 1 MFC all day long!! There's quite a few guys out there doing that and are also running L/R axes! I just can't tell ya how but I definitely know for a fact ya can lol

MFC via the Cat5 cable to the first Axe, then a MIDI cable from the first Axe to the 2nd one?
Should work if your program mapping is set up.

Out of curiosity, how mad presets do you have that you need two of these monsters? What do they do?

Dweezil Zappa has been 2 axeFX in a stereo configuration for some years, but I just heard him say that for his upcoming overseas dates , he is downsizing to AX8...plus I’m sure his usual pedalboard from hell.... but prolly without MFC.....

I want the ability to run multiple amps,delays and choruses left and right. Like having multiple real amps blended left and right and more CPU power.

Back
Top Bottom