2 amps 2 cabs to separate outputs?

rcd

Inspired
How do you route 2 amps, each going to it's own cab, then each amp+cab going out to it's own output? I'm trying to get a total of 2 separate channels simultaneously into Pro Tools, so then I'll have to separate amp/cab sounds to mix/pan later?
I've only ever used Output 1 (the Left Output), How do I route Amp2/Cab 2 to Output 2 (Right Output) will that provide only Amp2Cab2's signal and so Amp1/Cab1's signal routes out to Output 1 on the back of the Axe?
Thanks, and sorry for the confusing question, I need some sleep!

Route Cab 2 to the FX Loop block.

You already know how to route to Output 1. ;)

If you want these sounds at Output 1 left and Output 1 right, FX Loop block isn't required. Connect two rows to end of grid and balance them L/R at the output mixer. Or you could adjust balance of the last block in each row instead.

Thanks for the info guys. If I pan either in the final block or the output mixer does this then make the signals coming out of each Output on the back of the Axe mono?
I'm basically trying to get 2 mono signals totally separate from each other, 1 of amp1+cab1 and one with amp2+cab2. Does panning #1 to one side and #2 to the other degrade the signal in any way or do the 2 signals panned become mono without losing any signal quality? Are there any other settings that will need adjusting?
Thanks again.

If I pan either in the final block or the output mixer does this then make the signals coming out of each Output on the back of the Axe mono?
They will be mono.

II'm basically trying to get 2 mono signals totally separate from each other, 1 of amp1+cab1 and one with amp2+cab2. Does panning #1 to one side and #2 to the other degrade the signal in any way or do the 2 signals panned become mono without losing any signal quality? Are there any other settings that will need adjusting?
Panning is panning. It doesn't affect signal quality.

Is there a way to get a third mono signal out of the axe? For instance, if I want to use one of the rows to process vocals, can I come into the Axe via line in (from a mic Pre out or hardware compressor out), and then get that vocal channel's mono signal at the same time as the 2 other mono channels of amps+cabs?

The Axe has two stereo inputs and two stereo outputs. That's four mono channels. Coincidentally, there are four rows on the grid. :)

Thanks! Starting to understand the potential for maximizing channels to process, 2 mono channels for Guitar (since there's only 2 amps+cabs avail), and 2 other channels for processing anything that could benefit from the vast effects in the Axe.
One more question please, the 3rd and 4th outputs are UNbalanced - I typically go Balanced OUT from Axe directly to my DAW (Avid HD i/o). The UNbalanced outs for my 3rd & 4th Mono Channels (I think) can't be directly routed to the Avid HD i/o, so what is the best way to either convert those UNbalanced Outs on the Axe to Balanced? Is there a setting in Pro Tools HD 12 that will change a channels Digital Input to accept UNbalanced an signal? What is the best way that ensures maximum signal quality to get these unbalanced signals from the Axe Outputs into a DAW that requires a balanced signal?
Thanks yet again! I really appreciate the help.

Are there really no line inputs? I've contemplating on getting a four channel power amp, and four guitar cabs. Then I'd switch between them preset by preset. Mesa 4x12 for heavy tones, another with greenbacks for rock, and 2x12 and 1x10 for Vox&Fender stuff. Of course I most likely would end up using them all at once. Then I looked at my bank account and it said no.

Back
Top Bottom