2 Amps 1 Scene

Stüfy

Hello can anyone help me? I'm using both amp blocks and x/y's to basically create 4 gain stages of the same amp. But I really don't want to scene change because I'd like to keep the current effects active as a move through the different gains. Any tricks to change from amp 1 to amp 2 with 1 button? I'm using the MFC-101

Only way I know is to use the damn scenes man lol. Just copy the current scene to the next scene with all effects u want active and apply the change there: bypass amp 1 or 2?

I must be missing something from in terms of why you don't want to use scenes (sorry if I am?) Can't you just leave the effects constant across the four scenes?

Alternatively if you just want to switch amps with a single button then, as above use the bypass of the two amps and link them in opposite polarity to an IA on your controller. Similarly you could use the appropriate CC controllers to select the x/y state of the amps in a single preset (might need more than one button though)

The idea is to be able to run any combination of the available effects, and have that combination of effects still in force as you change amps.

ah ok so the status of the effects may change from the original state in the preset/scene and then over this the OP wants to control the amps. Got you :)

Create "grouped switches" (switch linking). This is a feature of the MFC:
  • Assign AMP1 and AMP2 to adjacent switches
  • Now assign these two switches to a group.
Within a group only one setting can be active, so selecting one switch (one amp) will automatically disable the other.

This takes up two switches, though, not one.

Create "grouped switches" (switch linking). This is a feature of the MFC:
  • Assign AMP1 and AMP2 to adjacent switches
  • Now assign these two switches to a group.
Within a group only one setting can be active, so selecting one switch (one amp) will automatically disable the other.
Could four switches be grouped? Each switch would have a unique combination of amp 1/2 and X/Y.

Not sure, been too long since I programmed the MFC. It would require using general MIDI commands.

Thanks everyone! Looks like assigning bypass for both in reversed positions is going to solve my problem. Thanks Yek for the grouping concept. Didn't know it had that function, I'm sure I'll play around with that.

Back
Top Bottom