1st rehearsal with Ultra tonight.

s0c9

Well, it wasn't purr-fect, but it was pretty darn good. Only had it a week, and was monitoring thru my old Line6 Flex3 amp - plugged into effects return . It has a mode when you can bypass all pre-amp and effect processing and it passes the signal from effects return directly to the power section - which is what I used. Had to tweak the EQ on Output 2 a tad, but not much. My band plays a huge range of music styles and I haven't got [close to] all the patches that I need set up, so did quite a lot of hunt-and-peck.

What was a BIG plus was that EVERYTHING that I chose CUT THRU the stage mix.

I'm not used to that, and have not heard that kind of clarity out of any rig I've played [all digital] since my last Rivera head. The Ultra cut right thru the stage mix - we're pretty quiet on stage compared to some bands, but it all was all very distinct. None of that digital mud I gotten used to hearing, and the dynamics and feel were great too. I have to ask the question - why did I not get an Ultra ages ago ???????????

Still got a lot of work to do [patch structure(s), foot controller, midi mapping, etc.] before I'm gig ready, but the rest of the band were REALLY impressed and liked what they heard.

Back
Top Bottom