19.05 not working out

I spent some time today looking at the power amp code. Not much has changed since 19.02. The only things that changed were:
1. A bug was fixed that was causing rounding noise whenever the output signal went negative and...
2. The calculations for the speaker/transformer were improved.

So I double-checked the speaker/transformer calculations and found a mistake in the turns ratio calculation. The turns ratio is being undervalued. I've fixed this and there is noticeably more "weight" in the tone now.

We are hoping to release 19.06 this week and the fix will be in there.
Less "weight" is a good descriptor for what I heard going from 19.01 to 19.05. Thanks for looking into this! I'm looking forward to 19.06 when I have time.

I spent some time today looking at the power amp code. Not much has changed since 19.02. The only things that changed were:
1. A bug was fixed that was causing rounding noise whenever the output signal went negative and...

So I double-checked the speaker/transformer calculations and found a mistake in the turns ratio calculation. The turns ratio is being undervalued. I've fixed this and there is noticeably more "weight" in the tone now.

So if I like the 19.05 sound (I much prefer the lighter sound), which parameter should I adjust to keep it? Transformer matching?

Literally curious, does this tie into the OUTPUT transformer winding ration? I'm not sure how hard it would be to have it done but if that plays such a big part in getting some extra weight to the tone, it might be a great "under the hood" feature to toy around with?

Literally curious, does this tie into the OUTPUT transformer winding ration? I'm not sure how hard it would be to have it done but if that plays such a big part in getting some extra weight to the tone, it might be a great "under the hood" feature to toy around with?
It's already there: Transformer Match

Back
Top Bottom