[18.01 UPDATE] G3 preset collection (XL) for starters

I couldn't agree more with PMD097- I too would love to use these presets- but cannot, as my AxeFX II MKII is apparently already obsolete....

I would love to compliment you on your work YEK, but they won't work with my gear. :(

Patches created on II will work on an XL without any kind of conversion. There's a way to export XL patches as CSV files that can be read in a text editor or spreadsheet application. The fiie shows the settings for each parameter in every tab of every block in the patch. Not an ideal situation but better than nothing. Works well for one or two patches, but for a list of patches like Yek's, it's obviously not a viable solution (unless you've got a ton of time on your hands).

So........

I'll ask.

Yek,

Any chance of posting the .csv files of these presets?

I am sure they would be translated and shared as II patches.

Patches created on II will work on an XL without any kind of conversion. There's a way to export XL patches as CSV files that can be read in a text editor or spreadsheet application. The fiie shows the settings for each parameter in every tab of every block in the patch. Not an ideal situation but better than nothing. Works well for one or two patches, but for a list of patches like Yek's, it's obviously not a viable solution (unless you've got a ton of time on your hands).

I tried Ctrl+Alt+Shift Export but I can't find the .csv export option in AxeEdit.

Apparently, it makes a difference if you use the right hand side alt-ctrl-shift buttons or the left side. The right side keys don't give you the option to save as a CSV file - have to use the left hand side keys to get that. Also, be sure you're clicking on the Export button on the top right hand side of the AxeEdit screen and not the Preset-Export menu option in the Preset menu. I made that mistake the first time.

Apparently, it makes a difference if you use the right hand side alt-ctrl-shift buttons or the left side. The right side keys don't give you the option to save as a CSV file - have to use the left hand side keys to get that. Also, be sure you're clicking on the Export button on the top right hand side of the AxeEdit screen and not the Preset-Export menu option in the Preset menu. I made that mistake the first time.

I will check right vs. left tonight. Thanks.

What version of AE are you using?

Using 3.19 on a WinDoze 7 machine. Yep, when I fired up AE about 45 mins ago, it notified me there was a new version ready to download. Includes full support for the 18.04 public beta I guess. Don't know if the 3-fingered Spock pinch works on a Mac.

Using 3.19 on a WinDoze 7 machine. Yep, when I fired up AE about 45 mins ago, it notified me there was a new version ready to download. Includes full support for the 18.04 public beta I guess. Don't know if the 3-fingered Spock pinch works on a Mac.

Quick followup... the csv export worked on the left hand side ctrl-alt-shift :) Thanks

Yeks G3 Preset collection for Fw18.x - MKii (diy)

Yek, if you’d be willing to create a spreadsheet I’d be more than happy to create non-XL versions of these.

Yes that is an excellent idea. I imported all csv files and sorted the parameters according to the Axe Edit tabs. The xls file is here http://eskinasi.home.xs4all.nl/AxeFX/YekG3.xls

I also made a simple mkii template to fill those in and did the amazing Morgan AC20. More amps to follow. Please join in and MKii your faves.

View attachment Morgan AC20 YekG3.syxView attachment templateYG3.syx

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom