[18.01 UPDATE] G3 preset collection (XL) for starters

I sold my Axe Fx II...and purchased the XL +. That was a hard sell to my wife boys ("You're selling something you love to buy the same thing again?" "No honey you don't get it. This one goes to 11!)

Hello Yek

Finally got around to trying some of these.
They are great. The ones I like really translate well for me. Thanks for sharing and the hard work
Stratman68

Man there's got to be a way that Fractal can make a XL/II preset converter. I know there are minor differences between FX blocks on the XL vs the II, but there's got to be a way to at least make it transferrable, even if it isn't perfect.

As a programmer this seems like a trivial problem to solve and should be addressed. As a II owner i'm somewhat resentful that I can no longer use any of the presets from power users, even the simple ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know some here say "enough....this has been asked and answered." As a relative newbie, I would like to know where to find the answer.

I bought my Mkii in January after doing some research, but without hanging out on this forum for any significant length of time. Had I done that, I would have definitely bought an XL. I read the sticky that FAS posted about the XL "not obsoleting the II in any way" and made my decision based on the fact that I didn't need the extra memory spaces, Faslink, etc. I bought an MFC 101 at the same time, so the savings helped some there.

What I have found is that the lack of preset conversion does take away from all that this forum has to offer. I love my Axe II....it is the best piece of guitar related equipment I have ever purchased. It has truly blown me away...me, the tube guy who would never, ever change. I love it. I love making my own presets. I have gotten every sound I have gone after. I do, however, enjoy trying out and tweaking presets from those much more experienced than me. It is part of this communal experience.

As FW18 has come out in beta and is soon to be out in official form, I have realized that many of the most potentially helpful posts with presets on this forum are XL based. The presets that Yek and others work so hard on and put out there for everybody can only be used by a certain percentage of us. Mark Day is another example....he represents FAS and the Axe incredibly well, but has mainly put out XL presets since the Silent Feedback Preset that he also put out in MkII format awhile ago. I totally understand that he has stated that he does not own a Mkii. It does make my machine somewhat obsolete, however, if all the examples put out by "power users" become more and more XL based over time. Unless there is conversion ability at some point.

I'm not complaining.....just expressing my opinion. If this is possible, I think it should be done. If it is not, then so be it. If this is by design, I can live with that too although that wouldn't really fit with the incredibly positive way that FAS treats its customer base.

Back to playing.....

M.r Yek: Thank you for this spectacular gift. My Axe Fx II XL + just arrived and frankly, your patches and Mr. Days were some primary reasons I made the switch. I loaded your Marshall Brown patch, added a little spice and voila instant 80s/VH wonder! Your Friedman HBE patch is spot on (I currently own a Friedman JJ and in a blind test it would be difficult to differentiate the Fractal from the Friedman BE channe). Thank you for all of your creations. They are greatly appreciated. I don't know if it is the new 18 software, the
XL or an interaction effect but the tones coming from this magic box and nothing short of stunning. Thank you Mr. Cliff as well!

Reactions: yek
I wanted to take a moment and make a point of thanking you Yek for this collection of clean FW18 amp/cab presets. They are a wonderful starting (or ending) point when Im searching for just the right sound.Either clean or to add effects to.

I did with the Axe FX the same thing I do to my Kemper. That is, delete all the stock presets/profiles. Then take the best of the clean amps I can find and load them up. Then I selectively add new ones as needed.

Your work on the Axe is greatly appreciated!

I've updated the collection. See the first post.

@Johan: thanks for the offer. At this moment is just too much work.
And of course the factory presets are nearby.

Last edited:
Thanks Yek. Any connection between these presets and the ones just released with FW18.03? Just curious! :encouragement:

I sold my Axe Fx II...and purchased the XL +. That was a hard sell to my wife boys ("You're selling something you love to buy the same thing again?" "No honey you don't get it. This one goes to 11!)

Hmm, thinking about the same thing as well… It’s getting so annoying not being able to load all presets.

Back
Top Bottom