--

If you feel the Helix is a better value, buy that. That's the beauty of a free market. With the tariffs and the production costs the prices for the FCs are what we have to charge. Our employees don't work for free. Personally I feel the FC is superior product but I'm biased.

If I’m not out of touch, the Helix Control still does not send midi, correct? Therefore it can not be used as a controller for the III?

So it all essentially boils down to why does the FAS 12 switch controller cost more than the L6 12 switch controller, right ? Even though the units are not compatible with each other, and a buyer for one would not be a buyer for the other, it’s just a question of why does FAS cost more for soemthing that one the surface looks similar....

That is the free market. It’s why you can buy a plain white T-shirt at a discount store for $4.99, at a higher end department store for $49.99 and probably at some crazy little designer storefront for $499.99 if your so inclined.

Obviously FAS isn’t taking the exact same unit and slapping their logo on it and charging more though. They have their own production cost, design costs, economy of scale, overheads, spec their own parts etc, so they have a given cost on their end, and then after that they can charge whatever they want. Everyone is free to buy or not buy.....

They could sell them at a loss if they think it will sell more III’s, or they could say people will still buy them at $999 or higher and make a big profit off them, or price them at a fair price where they make money but try to keep them as affordable as possible and everything in between.

They can charge what they want, and as a consumer we all have the option to buy it or not buy it.

If you don’t like it, if you say your not paying what they ask, there are lots of other modelers on the market at different price points. Look at total system cost and vote with your wallet.

When I bought my latest camera system I didn’t just look at camera body prices, I also looked at what lenses and accessories cost and what complete system gave me what I wanted for a given budget.

The III and the FC’s cost what they do, we know that price going in, and can choose to pay it or go elsewhere.

Really isn’t anything else to discuss or debate is there ?

Unless I’m misinterpreting some of what you wrote many of those things are pretty basic. Just keeping in mind snapshots is the term used on the helix to control what are called scenes/channels in the axe world. Most of the “custom this and that” / layouts would be a combo of using snapshots and the command center.

Page 36-37 (of the pdf) cover most of those areas. https://line6.com/data/6/0a06439c4dfc577d5a2aea898/application/pdf/Helix Rack and Control - Rev B - English .pdf

Nope. The capabilities are not equivalenr.

Agree to disagree. Capabilities seem same to me but the execution is different. Think it will be easier on the FC as it would be mostly a workaround on the Helix Control. The command center stuff in helix is powerful in that is gives you just about an option you want but also can be complex. A bit of the complexity offset with snapshots being slightly more intuitive.

You obviously did not go through my list very thoroughly if you’re saying that.

Regardless, you’re original question has been asked and answered many times at this point. Bottom line is that it doesn’t matter to anyone what the Helix control can do unless they’ve got a Helix rack because without it, it’s just a doorstop with switches. In terms of capabilities of the Helix controller model vs the Fractal FC model, the FC platform is much more sophisticated already and Fractal is just getting started.

Back
Top Bottom