14.02 Bug?

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
Fired up the rig, everything was working as normal. Then at sound check I had input signal but no output. Expression pedal couldn't bring up the volume. Did a reboot and it work normal again. Has happened twice now. Anyone else?

Axe II (out 1 level control at noon) then out 1L to a CLR neo wedge, channel and master set to noon. Controlled by MFC Mk III and 2 mission expression pedals. #1 for default master volume, #2 for various duties. Pedal 1 wasn't able to bring up the volume until I rebooted the axe.

What if your midi controller is sending a CC10, CC11, OR CC12 when you boot up your controller?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Check your mfc for sticky buttons that are slightly depressed and sending stray messages at times.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

it's a brand spankin' new mK III. I've tried booting them at the same time on power up and also booting the MFC after the Axe. Does it either way. I should add that it happened earlier today w/o any MFC or ext controllers hooked up. I'm going to reload firmware and see.

Make sure that your expression cables are actually connected, including the volume pedal (sometimes the chassis of my Boss pedal will cause my right-angle TRS cable to back out of the jack slightly, just enough to open the circuit).

Make sure that the expression pedal CC assignments for the AXE and MFC are mapped correctly.

Review setup videos by Chris@KatsuKuriMedia - Chris is the real deal man! Good luck :)

Last edited:
Make sure that your expression cables are actually connected, including the volume pedal (sometimes the chassis of my Boss pedal will cause my right-angle TRS cable to back out of the jack slightly, just enough to open the circuit).

Make sure that the expression pedal CC assignments for the AXE and MFC are mapped correctly.

Review setup videos by Chris@KatsuKuriMedia - Chris is the real deal man! Good luck :)

Yeah, I've noticed sometimes the connector may not be seated correctly but that's not the case. Controller assignments are all correct. Thx

Input meter shows signal but no output. Shut it off, yurn it back on and it works correctly. I'm going to try reloading the firmware to see if that fixes the issue

Seems like a few of us are having this self muting Axefx problem :)
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...al-block-press-enter-unliked-big-problem.html
Just ordered the XT version so will see what that is like when it gets here. My current one is axefx2 v1. FW is 14.01 as far as I remember.
Otherwise, its a great unit. Love the sounds and what it can do. Have a feeling its something to do with the volume pedal/vol block and scrolling through presets in my case.
(Edit) I am also using it with a MFC101 Mk3.

Back
Top Bottom