/13

Clickonce

Inspired
Loving the changes so far.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried the /13 model yet? It seems bugged to me. The bass is extremely pronounced to the point of breakup while everything else is very quiet. I have to crank the input trim to 2.5 and MV to 10 to even hear it.

I did do this on a clean patch and after loading the amp I used axe-edit's "initialize".

Just wondering if anyone has similar experience with this amp.

Thanks.

Yup, that's what it sounds like. Not a fan personally. The thing with MIMIC is if you don't like the model you won't like the amp and vice-versa. The /13 has no negative feedback so the bass gets tubby easily. You need to turn it way down IMO. I believe it's also meant as a pedal platform so don't rely on the amp for distortion. Set it clean and use drives when you want distortion.

I don't much like that /13 amp either.

PS. hopefully guys won't start changing their avatars to commemorate the addition of "holy shitballs" to the axe lexicon!

I didn't like it at first but in v9 I came up with a couple of patches I really liked. Now in v10, there is so little level, I can't get them loud enough to match all my other patches. Why is it so soft now? It's unusable for me.

I didn't like it at first but in v9 I came up with a couple of patches I really liked. Now in v10, there is so little level, I can't get them loud enough to match all my other patches. Why is it so soft now? It's unusable for me.

Follow the routine of taking a clean preset (with boost enabled if you have one in the preset), and making sure that the OUT CLIP LED doesn't light. Then use it to match the levels of the other presets. Not enough overall level? Just turn up the front panel OUT knob.

PS. hopefully guys won't start changing their avatars to commemorate the addition of "holy shitballs" to the axe lexicon!

10epf.jpg

Follow the routine of taking a clean preset (with boost enabled if you have one in the preset), and making sure that the OUT CLIP LED doesn't light. Then use it to match the levels of the other presets. Not enough overall level? Just turn up the front panel OUT knob.

How is turning the front panel knob up going to help. It's going to make ALL the presets louder, not just the /13! These presets are clean & very lightly distorted, no boost, drive or filters involved.

Yes, I have cranked everything in the Amp block that will make it louder & not create more distortion & it is still very low volume. This was never even remotely close to an issue in v9. It's not that big of a deal as I only had a couple of presets with it & I don't fell like volume matching 100+ other presets to the /13! It just seems strange to me that this one amp model is so radically low volume compared to everything els in the Axe.

The loudness of the amp models does differ a lot.
It's not much of a problem because the range of Amp Level is large enough to compensate.
Have to crank a certain Amp Level to 4dB to match other presets? Not a problem.

I also noticed the /13 model is really low in FW 10. It would be nice to see the volume brought up in a future update.

As others have stated, run that one with the bass really low. I think I have it set at about 2 or maybe less. I love that amp model for edge of breakup with a Tele in FW 9, but it really changed a lot in 10. I have not spent much time with it in 10 because the Swart model with a Tele is so good!

It's more like +20db & then it starts to clip the outputs even though a similar clean preset at the same perceived volume does not. Again, not a big deal as it's nowhere near my go to amp. Just seems strange.

It's more like +20db & then it starts to clip the outputs even though a similar clean preset at the same perceived volume does not. Again, not a big deal as it's nowhere near my go to amp. Just seems strange.

IIRC Master Volume of the /13 was maxed in earlier betas. Now it's down to 3, and yes, the output is very low. Just crank MV.
Allows for more clean headroom too.

Have you tried a trial preset starting from scratch with the /13?

When I did that, I could get it loud enough to match up with other models.

Have you tried a trial preset starting from scratch with the /13?

When I did that, I could get it loud enough to match up with other models.

Eventually I will. It's not a real priority now. After playing more today I really need to redo the levels on all my go to patches as they are all over the place now. Time to break out the decimeter again! I think there may have been some "fader creep" going on too over all the firmware updates & re tweaking. I want to make sure I have some headroom in all my patches.

Back
Top Bottom