13.0 Frozen w/ axe edit 3.04 - communication timeout (FIXED)

Paulinfl

Inspired
Well I'm able to recreate the frozen Axe w/ AxeEdit communication timeout error.

I'm simply creating a new patch using Two Amps w/ two UltraRes Ir's. Amps were copied and pasted from another 12.04b favorite patch to preserve settings. Worked great.

Then simply one-by-one I started adding other effects (again by copying and pasting from my other patch). Rotory went fine. As soon as I added the Drive block by copying and pasting, that's when axe edit threw an error, and the Axe itself freezes with input lights on front lit fully. I'm not sure if the Drive block (Zen) is the culprit or simply coincidence.

The only out when this happens is to kill AxeEdit and reboot the Axe.

Running latest drivers on a MacBook Air with OS X 10.9.1
Axe firmware 13.0
Axe edit 3.04

A couple photos are attached.

Hope this info may help you guys at Fractal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, my unit has frozen several times after the update too. I'm not using MFC or anything... It seems to happen when using Axe–Edit to change presets. It seems to freeze at random. AE looses communication and the unit is frozen stiff. A power down/power up seems to fix it. All in all I've rebooted 3 times in like 4 hours – pretty frequent... I didn't have this issue prior to updating.:)

Yep, my unit has frozen several times after the update too. I'm not using MFC or anything... It seems to happen when using Axe–Edit to change presets. It seems to freeze at random. AE looses communication and the unit is frozen stiff. A power down/power up seems to fix it. All in all I've rebooted 3 times in like 4 hours – pretty frequent... I didn't have this issue prior to updating.:)

Same thing here!!!
only seems to freeze when changing presets in axe-edit as chef described.

Same here.....froze while using axe edit. Shut down axe edit and picked the hiwatt brilliant patch, went to change cabs manually using the front scroll wheel and the unit rebooted every time I got to cab 134

I'll be Updating today I have a MacBook Pro with Mavericks.. Ill let you know what happens.

I have only timed out once so far but I have also noticed a bit of stuttering and quick sound interruptions when using axe edit and using the pause feature, it's a bit buggy right now but I'm sure it will get fixed. :D

same here , I'm getting the same error as in the picture in post #2. It's locking up everything as soon as I switch a preset

Yep I posted about it this morning. Just sat down to upload 13.02 but it looks like that's not the answer.

I had two freeze ups with AE, while importing a patch from desktop. Reboot fixed it, twice.

All latest firmwares loaded.

Freezes for me every 10 mins when i change presets with the Axe Edit. First time for everything though.

No problems here. Using Axe FX Firmware 13.02, Axe Edit 3.04 MacBook Pro Mavericks. While changing between presets, copying and pasting, I wait until Axe Edit stops saying (Please wait Communicating) and let it do it's thing. Not sure if this will help.

Yo también tengo problemas al usar Axe-edit., la luz de flujo midi del AXE-FXII, se queda fija y tengo que reiniciar el ordenador, Windows 7 64 bit, he reinstalado los drivers pero sigue fallando.

He cambiado de puerto USB el AXE-FXII, y ahora trabaja fino, parece que no tenia bien instalados los drivers en el otro puerto. He probado abrir y cerrar varias veces el AXE EDIT, Y FRACTAL-BOOT y no he tenido ningún error.

Sorry, i don´t englis

Last edited:
Yo también tengo problemas al usar Axe-edit., la luz de flujo midi del AXE-FXII, se queda fija y tengo que reiniciar el ordenador, Windows 7 64 bit, he reinstalado los drivers pero sigue fallando.

He cambiado de puerto USB el AXE-FXII, y ahora trabaja fino, parece que no tenia bien instalados los drivers en el otro puerto. He probado abrir y cerrar varias veces el AXE EDIT, Y FRACTAL-BOOT y no he tenido ningún error.

Sorry, i don´t englis

He basically says he has Wjndows 7 64 Bit, the Midi light was lit steady he reinstalled the Drivers and it still continued to fail when he tried using Axe Edit.
He then switched USB ports and it's now working fine. He's able to use Axe Edit and Fractal Bot and hasn't had any errors.

Me too , Windows 7 x64 , nothing attached but the USB.
2 freeze green monitor and same communication time-out message... Reboot

Had other issue, putting AE in pause , starting Bot and saving user cabs ... Other freeze and communication time -out ... Other reboot and fine until now...

Not trying another ... I prefer to wait for some feedback / bug fix or fw update .... Just in case

I'm on OSX 10.6.8. The freezing doesn't seem to be at the computer end... I'm thinking about flipping back to 12.04b and AE3.3 until this is reported to be fixed.

13.0 Frozen w/ axe edit 3.04 - communication timeout

I'll try also on my Windows7 x64 Laptop later today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom