AFIII 12.08b - Faux 12 String & Bass

Axe-Master
Here's a short example using the pitch block to tune my guitar down an octave for the bass part, as well as doubled guitars featuring a slight octave up effect blended in. The lead part uses the crystals effect with the diffusion cranked for a big reverb style effect.

Here's the presets for anyone who wants to try. Everything on that track is my green PRS Custom 24, on the "outer coils in parallel" setting on the 5 way. Substitute "LT TV Mix 2" for the factory cab in the faux 12 preset if you want to sound like the track.

Attachments

• Faux Bass.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Faux 12.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 94
I couldn't tell that the bass was actually your guitar down an octave.
It sounds great!

This track is great. Bass tones sounds really good, harmonized guitar bits are perfect and the VH-ish blast at the end gives an excellent send off in the fade out. I get the Zep vibe but it comes across in "from a different decade" (good) sort of way.

Here's the presets for anyone who wants to try. Everything on that track is my green PRS Custom 24, on the "outer coils in parallel" setting on the 5 way. Substitute "LT TV Mix 2" for the factory cab in the faux 12 preset if you want to sound like the track.
[/Q
Thank you!

Cool track and I agree with guys in here that it's really hard to tell it's not an actual bass. Thanks for sharing the patches.

Back
Top Bottom