11 beta recto tones

VeryBadMan

Experienced
I am digging the 11 beta for alot of great tones esp with amps I had not tried before BUT . My Recto patches seemed to have been lost , gone South , changed for the worse . I tried the new 5band ( mark ) eq .

Do any Recto experts have any advise on how to remake my recto patches so they sound great again .

I am digging the 11 beta for alot of great tones esp with amps I had not tried before BUT . My Recto patches seemed to have been lost , gone South , changed for the worse . I tried the new 5band ( mark ) eq .

Do any Recto experts have any advise on how to remake my recto patches so they sound great again .

what firmware were you on before?

10.12 before .
I think I might have overtweaked and accidently killed them sigh ...
Perhaps I'll start from scratch .

When i try the 11b, i noticed on my Recto preset the "comp" value is too high, while this value was at 0, i put it down and it is good now.

Yeah. Comp is very high on the recto.

I tried Lead + yesterday. Turned on and off MIMIC. It changed A LOT. I tried 10 other amps. Did not change that much with the MIMIC on/off. A little bit in a good way.
I liked Lead+ best with MIMIC off, i think. More aggressive top end and a little less mid.

How does one use this CUT feature , I see it there below the bass knob how do you turn it off and on ?

I started from scratch just amp and cab reset defaults meh its getting there but honestly sounding a bit crappy so far.

Not new to Mesas I am surrounded by them, I have a Mini rec + cab and a 2 ch triple rec + road king 4X12 just staring at me daring me to steal their tones .
I find I cant just duplicate the settings from say my triple Rec Red channel in the AXE because there are so many more parameters to tweak . thunk , depth, dynamic depth etc etc etc on and on ...

Check out sat(uration) too. It makes things a little more agressive ;)

Thanks Kriig that saturate button really did the trick , a whole lot closer
It seems like it wakes up a lot of the essential harmonic overtones that give the tone it's character.

SATURATE

Back off on the gain to compensate for saturation. Saturation does a lot for the tone, feel and eq.

Back
Top Bottom