11.05 sounds thinner somehow

I do this too.

I only have a dozen patches i need to keep in tact.

I save those to a folder on my desk top, then go to Fractal's site and run the wipe file.

Then reinstall the firmware then reinstall the abc bank files.

Reset system in utility menu.

Then i write my saved patches individually to and over the first 12 factory presets.

Thanks. I have about 45-55 songs programmed. I will try this process over the weekend.

Thanks again.

I only have a dozen patches i need to keep in tact.

I save those to a folder on my desk top with AE, then go to Fractal's site and run the wipe file. with F Bot

Then reinstall the firmware with Bot then reinstall the abc bank files. with F bot

Reset system in utility menu.

Then i write my saved patches individually to and over the first 12 factory presets. with F BOT not AE...

Using the onboard backup/restore facility (internal memory) is much easier.

Ok what did I do next. I restored my bank C of the 11.03 Backup to bank B in 11.05 so I can compare.
I can hear the difference, my old patch is fatter.
I've put both of them in my dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lcrqbtrpccj5b31/8F-KHw68vu

If somebody would check, would be great.

So 1105 is the original patch, and then just put the firmware over it -> thin
1103 patch is imported after the upgrade -> fat

It could be however if someone import the presets that it doesn't replicate the issue of writing firmware over existing patches.
But let's give it a try.

I can get my old sound back. But am curious what happened during the upgrade.

bump

I've noticed when updating FW certain settings change, things like delay and output levels. I think the safest way is to somehow document all settings and cross check once updated. It's a real PITA.

Aren't all changes to the firmware (ie. changes to default levels and parameters) documented in the firmware release notes?

Thsnks to seeing this thread I thought id better check my 2 patches closely since I upgraded from 03 to 05.
I did reset & reloaded them using bot but the cpu usage was now 98% so unstable. I had to shunt 3 blocks to get it to 87%. Then they were ok. Were under 90% before uograde. Seems pretty weird to me. Any thoughts? Thx.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

I actually had the same problem going to 11.03 (sounded like my volume knob was on 7), so at the time I went back to the previous firmware, and all was good. I also tried all parameters, resetting, reinstalling, different guitars and cables, but found nothing that worked. 11.05 is great for me though, but maybe you're best off sticking with 11.03 for now if that works well for you?

I actually had the same problem going to 11.03 (sounded like my volume knob was on 7), so at the time I went back to the previous firmware, and all was good. I also tried all parameters, resetting, reinstalling, different guitars and cables, but found nothing that worked. 11.05 is great for me though, but maybe you're best off sticking with 11.03 for now if that works well for you?

Thanks. I will do a clean install of 11.05 and then import my patches over it.
When I import patches over FW or start making new patches there is no problem.

Why copy them anywhere? Every new edition of the release notes includes all the earlier release notes. :)
I have my own file, my personal Wiki, so I have all in one place, I can add to it, put stuff in color, etc. ;)
Don't you??

I have my own file, my personal Wiki, so I have all in one place, I can add to it, put stuff in color, etc. ;)
Don't you??
I have some info squirreled away, but I leave the release notes alone. I figure somebody else already compiled them, so I don't have to. That would just introduce another potential source of human error (e.g., missing the tape chorus update ;) ), without adding any value to the information.

But I think your goal—having all information available in one place—is a noble one. I've been down that rabbit hole enough times in my professional life to realize that, beyond a certain point, you don't recoup your time investment.

Reading all this makes me really paranoid about updating. You can only know if you have the 'unspoiled' update if you compare the patches. Why can there be such troubles with FW updates?

I've noticed when updating FW certain settings change, things like delay and output levels. I think the safest way is to somehow document all settings and cross check once updated. It's a real PITA.

Document all your settings? that is impossible and a total waste of time when you have many presets like many people here. Shouldn't be necessary.

beyond a certain point, you don't recoup your time investment.
I would agree if I hadn't written my own cool "almost 1 button" info gathering tool and related system/macros.
Without it, gathering quotes including links would be an endless task indeed.

I used to write a FileMaker database before, but strangely enough I like to keep stuff in a simple WordPad file often.
But whatever system you use, the whole trick is gathering info as efficiently as possible and organising it in your file as efficiently as possible.
I've never seen a tool for that, so I wrote it and it may turn up some day...

OTOH, I still feel as much a Fractal noob as day 1 ;)
But some people are just data miners, I guess :p

It would be nice in axe edit if there was a screen or pop-up that just displayed every adjustable parameter for a block as a text list that could be saved or screen grabbed

I would agree if I hadn't written my own cool "almost 1 button" info gathering tool and related system/macros.
Without it, gathering quotes including links would be an endless task indeed....the whole trick is gathering info as efficiently as possible and organising it in your file as efficiently as possible.
Very curious to see your almost-one-button data harvester and digester.

Back
Top Bottom