1.5 years gone

redbud

Inspired
after one and a half years with the ultra i still find it beautiful and inspiring!

just had to share that

It's good to hear from you again, and good to know you're still in love. :)

shit guys, I've had my standard for about 2 years now and I'm still star struck by it. I also refuse to feed into the hype about the II. I'm sure I'll get one eventually but I haven't heard a tone yet that I can't get out of my Standard. Suckuhs just don't know, Fuh-rills!

Forgive that last part.

shit guys, I've had my standard for about 2 years now and I'm still star struck by it. I also refuse to feed into the hype about the II. I'm sure I'll get one eventually but I haven't heard a tone yet that I can't get out of my Standard. Suckuhs just don't know, Fuh-rills!

Forgive that last part.

After 5 years with a Standard/Ultra I know... Actually I'm after the II for the Tone match feature alone all the rest is icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned. The Ultra is nice when it comes to complex presets. I have a few that almost maxx out the Ultra, I can't imagine I will have any issues with the II but I really want that Tone match feature :mrgreen.

I´ve had my Ultra for 3 years an I still think it is the most incredible piece of gear. Sure I got Gas after the Axe 2 was released, but havent yet utilized my Ultra to the max. I´m tweakin nearly every day and learning new stuff all the time, for example how to set adv. amp parameters and how to optimize the sound of Cab sims.
One thing I miss, is the way more active exchange of presets on the forum for Standards and Ultras before the Axe2.

similar to what some others here have said, decided to stick with my standard - looking forward to getting it back after repairs. plenty good enough for me with an abundance of different amp sims and effects.
sure II is better, but from all demos i've heard there isn't enough of a difference to convince me that i need to have the II.

gota be honest I do miss my boogie and 68 lbs. pedal board once in a while, then i turn on my ultra and forget about it. the boogie just looked really cool sitting in the corner with a massive pedal board in front of it!
It's good to hear from you again, and good to know you're still in love. :)

Yeah, there's something appealing about a couple of hundred pounds worth of amp and gear sitting behind you. But I sure don't miss the mass. Guess I'll have to get by with racing stripes and tail fins instead of tubes and speakers. :)

Forgive that last part.

I wish I could say there's not a tone I can't get because I'm debating offing mine for an amp and pedals because I can't find the sound I want...

I wish I could say there's not a tone I can't get because I'm debating offing mine for an amp and pedals because I can't find the sound I want...

Dude just keep tweaking. It gets frustrating at times but keep trying you'll get it right!

Been 5 years for me too. I started with the Ultra, purchased a Standard as a backup, sold the Standard when the II came out and then sold the Ultra to get my backup II. It's been a great 5 years for tone! Just keep tweaking and listen to your hands!

It's funny how a huge crowd here worshipped the Ultra until the II came out and immediately dropped the gen 1 boxes as soon as they possibly could. Neophilia at its finest. Truth is, I have yet to HEAR anything that makes me think "I wish I could get THAT sound" be it Tube amp, AxeII, Kemper, Software, etc. The revolution already came, gang.

Rebuilding my entire rig/patch sets/etc just to get evolutionary hardware tweaks and endless tone chasing are not for me anymore, it was just an incredible drain on my playing, time, and wallet; and I'm glad to be done with it. Good tone is good tone, nothing will change that. And I have killer tone, right now.

The only time I want new gear or get tempted to tone chase is when I get bored and come back here or to one of the other guitar boards and hear all the chatter. So, I only visit occasionally just to check in anymore.

OG AxeFX all the way.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom