FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a complete anomaly so I don't expect any issues. I even re-exported the exact same IR at 1000ms again and it worked fine, it was just a spooky demon possessed IR for that one instance. Glad to see others are using their IRs though, they're amazing!
Ohh yes, I use that one and the Zilla package.

Not sure if it's a bug but for some of the new amps that were already there (e.g. Recto, Friedman etc), the volume of existing patches has dropped quite a bit. e.g. if i had a patch at level of -6.0db, i now have to turn it up to 0.0db to get it to sound as loud as earlier.

Not sure if it's a bug but for some of the new amps that were already there (e.g. Recto, Friedman etc), the volume of existing patches has dropped quite a bit. e.g. if i had a patch at level of -6.0db, i now have to turn it up to 0.0db to get it to sound as loud as earlier.
I noticed this as well, specifically with the Recto1 Red. I run the Master Volume pretty low and had to add about +6.0dB to get it to the level of my preset on the previous firmware.

Hi all !

Not at my FM3 at the moment but just had a thought about a FM3 FSW option which I would find handy.

I suspect the answer is yes, but with the FM3, is it possible to

1 => set up FSW 1 so that it toggles between 2 different pre-sets back and forth on each press -and also-
2 => have it display the pre-assigned colour for each of the 2 pre-sets as it goes back and forth ?

Simple question I know, but not at my unit and have been out of the Fractal-verse for 2+ years.

Many thanks,
Ben
Yes to #1, no to #2... Switches have a color, presets don't.

Best to create separate threads questions like this since it's really not related to the firmware update.

Noob question, but what's killdry? ._.
from the Axe3 Release Notes:

Added “Kill Dry” control to Delay, Multitap Delay, Pitch, Plex and Reverb blocks. When set to ON the dry signal is muted. This simplifies routing these blocks in parallel. When using these blocks in parallel the user can turn Kill Dry on and set the wet level using the Mix control, leaving the Level control at 0dB. This also has the advantage that the wet level is controlled by the global Reverb/Effects Mix, if desired.

from the Axe3 Release Notes:

Added “Kill Dry” control to Delay, Multitap Delay, Pitch, Plex and Reverb blocks. When set to ON the dry signal is muted. This simplifies routing these blocks in parallel. When using these blocks in parallel the user can turn Kill Dry on and set the wet level using the Mix control, leaving the Level control at 0dB. This also has the advantage that the wet level is controlled by the global Reverb/Effects Mix, if desired.
I seeeee, that makes sense. Pretty handy! Thanks!

Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in low end response? For sure the update has cleared out a lot of the low mid mud that I had to fight before to get things sounding good in a mix, but now I'm finding that things often sound too thin and weedy.

Also less gain than before? Not a complaint, but more an observation.

I love the update and I'm sure this can all be remedied by more tweaking but any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: H79
Has anyone else noticed a significant drop in low end response? For sure the update has cleared out a lot of the low mid mud that I had to fight before to get things sounding good in a mix, but now I'm finding that things often sound too thin and weedy.

I love the update and I'm sure this can all be remedied by more tweaking but any advice would be greatly appreciated!
There is less low mids I find obviously depends on guitars
But I can pretty much turn up the bass now without it farting out or crank up mids without it getting honky , I find the tone controls have a much bigger range , it can be a bit thinner depending on the amp model but as you said it easy to dial in a bit more now without it being excessive

I am actually finding I have to use far less bass. It naturally sounds thick and chunky without cranking the bass, depth, and output EQ.

There is less low mids I find obviously depends on guitars
But I can pretty much turn up the bass now without it farting out or crank up mids without it getting honky , I find the tone controls have a much bigger range , it can be a bit thinner depending on the amp model but as you said it easy to dial in a bit more now without it being excessive
Yeah something changed there for sure because amps I was very familiar with in my own presets do sound different after you reset them after the update. So far everything sounds very good to me. The new JS410 is really good. This one is better than the original amps we had.

The new JS410 is really good. This one is better than the original amps we had.
It’s really quite something. I’d been using the Brit45 for cleans on my Satch’y preset but the green (and red crunch) for cleans sound amazing. More so with single coils, but great on the ‘buckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom