FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's TWUE! It's TWUE! It's GAPLESS!😍😍😍😍 Now I can ditch my single-amp presets!

Really loving it! Plus the amps sound better, somehow!

Can someone kindly tell me where one can select what the gapless-ness affects? I recall reading somewhere that it can be set for scenes, presets, or both. I just need scenes, not necessary for presets in my usage case.

It's TWUE! It's TWUE! It's GAPLESS!😍😍😍😍 Now I can ditch my single-amp presets!

Really loving it! Plus the amps sound better, somehow!

Can someone kindly tell me where one can select what the gapless-ness affects? I recall reading somewhere that it can be set for scenes, presets, or both. I just need scenes, not necessary for presets in my usage case.
read the page 1 ....

Hi everybody, I'm experiencing a weird issue for the first time. Not sure if it's firmware related or "gapless"-related or simply the way it is but maybe you can help me.
I've attached a simple preset with 2 scenes: clean and boost.
My goal was to get rid of the Esoteric drive using the built-in preamp boost, in order to save same CPU (I'm on FM3 non turbo).
I've set the boost in the preamp section as "RCB Boost", +17dB and added a scene controller modifier on the Boost switch.
If I play a chord and quickly switch back and forth between Clean and Boost scene, I hear some sort of audio "spike" upon change, in particular when the chord is ringing out.
The same thing doesn't happen if I set the scenes with the drive block.
Is it expected or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Boosters.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
I hear a little 'click' when engaging the Input Boost, also after removing the scene controller.
Still there when lowering the level.
Don't know if something can be done about it.

I just wanted to be able to switch amp channels as close to gapless as possible… is it me, or even with gapless disabled it switches stupid fast?

I’m just wondering if it’s the placebo effect or it’s actually that much better.

Can't get the Brit Silver to sound like in 7.0, the mids are veery different. I can't compensate the missing/changing mids with other amp controls ...
Any recommendations? Or other models with similar mids/gain structure? I tried so many different models and nothing is quite similar ...

Firmware 24.03:

1. "The model is now based on a Silver Jubilee. The Lerxst is actually almost identical except for the taper of the mid control. In a Silver Jubilee the mid pot is log, in the Lerxst it's linear. Guess Alex likes mids... So if you want the sound of the old model turn up the mids."

I just wanted to be able to switch amp channels as close to gapless as possible… is it me, or even with gapless disabled it switches stupid fast?

I’m just wondering if it’s the placebo effect or it’s actually that much better.

See first post:

“Note that channel switching speed has been improved in general even with this setting turned off. ”

Can't get the Brit Silver to sound like in 7.0, the mids are veery different. I can't compensate the missing/changing mids with other amp controls ...
Any recommendations? Or other models with similar mids/gain structure? I tried so many different models and nothing is quite similar ...

Try boosting the mids in the AMP block via the "Input EQ", or the "Fat" switch, or running a pre-EQ before the AMP block.

If the amp has a "Bright Cap" lower it's value to bring in more mids/lows/fullness.

When I went from CX2 -> CX3 last week on the FM9 it was the mids that I too found needed the most attention to get back to where I was before.

Al querer actualizar la nueva versión 8.0 beta veo que no tengo la opción de oportunidades infinitas. No sé cómo actualizar.

Try boosting the mids in the AMP block via the "Input EQ", or the "Fat" switch, or running a pre-EQ before the AMP block.

If the amp has a "Bright Cap" lower it's value to bring in more mids/lows/fullness.

When I went from CX2 -> CX3 last week on the FM9 it was the mids that I too found needed the most attention to get back to where I was before.
It so interesting because I thought that I heard more upper mid snarl on many of the models in CX3 and less low mid

Al querer actualizar la nueva versión 8.0 beta veo que no tengo la opción de oportunidades infinitas. No sé cómo actualizar.
El firmware 8.0 está en versión beta, por lo que debe descargarse manualmente desde el enlace proporcionado en la primera publicación de este hilo e instalarse a través de Fractal-Bot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom