Development with the next firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my comment was understandable and not to be misunderstood. I didn't say that you should wait until all updates are ready. I merely said that there is a big difference in the frequency of updates between FM9 and FM3:
FM3: last update August 2023, no beta version
FM9: last update February 2024, last beta version yesterday

Hence my reference to the uneven updates. I said nothing else
I think what we're seeing here is an issue of language. I assume you're in Vienna, Austria and not Vienna, Illinois so I can also assume English isn't your first language. You said in your initial post that you didn't understand the "unequal treatment". Your use of words like "unequal" in this context have strong connotations which you apparently didn't intend. The big difference in the frequency of updates is attributable to several factors which have already been explained multiple time. I'm not sure what there is to not understand.

I think what we're seeing here is an issue of language. I assume you're in Vienna, Austria and not Vienna, Illinois so I can also assume English isn't your first language. You said in your initial post that you didn't understand the "unequal treatment". Your use of words like "unequal" in this context have strong connotations which you apparently didn't intend. The big difference in the frequency of updates is attributable to several factors which have already been explained multiple time. I'm not sure what there is to not understand.
I think what we´re seeing here is a slight arrogance towards those people who do not have English as their mother tongue......

Guys, don't be mad at me, but it's not easy for non-native speakers to distinguish the subtleties of a foreign language. Of course I can say “I hate” or “shit” but that’s about it. I'm afraid this is difficult to understand for people who have never had to learn or use another language. I think it would help if all non-native speakers here pointed out their origins.

Guys, don't be mad at me, but it's not easy for non-native speakers to distinguish the subtleties of a foreign language. Of course I can say “I hate” or “shit” but that’s about it. I'm afraid this is difficult to understand for people who have never had to learn or use another language. I think it would help if all non-native speakers here pointed out their origins.
Yes. Understanding this, I was trying to help a non-native speaker understand why what he said was misinterpreted (by more than just me) and got accused of being arrogant. C'est la vie.

Wait. they're gonna make it sound EVEN BETTER?
Happy Lets Go GIF

I gotta say fractal‘s testing processes must be next level and we should all be very very happy about that.

Even for ‚just‘ a public beta, the fact that it’s so rigorous means a) less forum moaning and big b) less chance of the unit being bricked (unlikely I know)

If all software houses had this level of care there would be less buggy software/security breaches etc

Don’t get me wrong I’m ridiculously excited about whatever’s coming but chill is a really nice thing :)

I owned an Axe Fx III and an FM3. The FM3 runs through poweramp to live cabs. The AXEFXIII is in one location & the FM3 is in another. It would be a half truth to say I'm not itching to run the improvements through live cabs.. Just too much work to swap out.. LOL.. Thanks for the update on the progress on the FM3. Happy Friday!

It also may be the biggest update the unit as seen, cramming so much stuff on the FM3 can't be easy.
Just to be clear I was agreeing and “what I don’t get” is so many having these weird FOMO issues.

BTW, that was the first time I used the acronym “fomo” in writing. I keep seeing it everywhere. I had to look it up to see what it meant. Anyway thought it was appropriate in this case.😀

Engineering is experiencing a boot issue with the FM3 firmware. It's not unequal treatment. There's a problem. We can't release the firmware until this problem is resolved.

There was an issue discovered and the build is now back with the FM3's firmware engineer. I'll keep you up to date here when we have a release candidate.
Thanks for the update.

Even though I am very satisfied with my FM3, I do not understand this unequal treatment of Fractal customers and users. FM3 customers received the last update in August 2023 ...... FM9 customers received the last update in February 2024 and are receiving the next update today in the form of a beta version......
An FM3 beta update is expected, but it is still not here......
Thank god you are not a Neural QC customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom