Let's see those FM9 rigs!

Finally finished my fly rig for the summer. Been flying since 2019 with my Axe3, Matrix Power Amp, Shure PSM 900 IEM & Shure GLXD4R guitar wireless weighing in at 50lbs, my FC & incidentals in another checked bag, and carrying on my Mono Dual Electric case w/my my laptop carry on. I am too old for that crap anymore lol!

Now I will have my entire rig in one checked case, most likely the Pelican 1595 Air, but may move up to the 1615 Air, haven't decided. You will see that I extended the handles with picture frame clips so my FM9 and EV2 would fit on the Duo 24. I like it, but I added 5/8 inch feet on the bottom of the Temple board making it just as easy to pick it up, maybe easier, lol. So I may remove the handles giving me another inch of foam space in the 1595 Air.

Underneath is my GLXD4R and PSM900 with all antennas being mounted thru to the top of the Temple Board. I am running OUT1 to the Temple AMPMOD to my 2 Marshall cabs, and I'm gonna be honest, it sounds great. Not a Matrix, but for what I need, which is just to allow me to feel the air move on stage, it is all good🎸.

All power is coming in thru the Temple IEC AC Mains Micro Module, splitting 3 ways. Split #1 adding an extra on/off switch to the AMPMOD for the rare event I am not using cabs. Split #2 going to the Temple Hi5L MOD powering my 2 wireless units and LEDs, and split #3 running to my FM9.

I added l a 1/4 TRS Panel Mount Pigtai to Input 2 TRS to bring IEM feed from the FOH into my FM9, out of OUT3 of my FM9 into my PSM900, so I can have independent control of my guitar volume in stereo, with the house IEM feed up the middle of my ears. Then added 2 XLR Female Panel Mount Pigtails to OUT2 L/R stereo for my FOH feed.

Lastly, I cut pretty much every cable, AC power, DC power, XLR, TRS etc, and re-soldered/rewired them all to save space and weight. My wife has a word for that, but I digress..... All of it I checked a million times on my multimeter to make sure I dont kill myself, and then I checked again 🙏.

Will make a youtube vid of my build with all my tips and tricks in the next week or so. Next up ... Pelican Air baby!View attachment 136880

Sorry it took me so long to get this video out as promised... Life.......Parents on decline and one never really prepares for changing your parents diapers...

enjoy!

Board update!

I have been wanting to add an IEM system to my rig for a while now. After running down all the parts and a few hours on the operating table in the shop I was able to get it all installed! With some inspiration from @rnjscooter I wound up buying a Cloks DC7 power supply and went with a MIPRO MI58 5.8 Gig IEM system per @Tremonti 's recommendation! It seems like a pretty decent system for the money I haven't had a chance to use it as of yet, I need to put it into some environment and report back!

IMG_1785.jpg

Power from the CIoks takes care of the two wireless units and the Peterson HD! EDIT: I also wired in a splitter/combiner for the mono Aux send to provide a dual mono input. this takes care of having to collapse the stereo signal chain in OP-3.
IMG_1830.jpg
The wireless fits without any clearance issues!
IMG_1778.JPG
A view from the front underside!
IMG_1784.JPG
I decided to locate the Antenna to the front side of the board!
IMG_1780.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

The I/O section! guitar in, OP-1, Monitor in, OP-2, power in
IMG_1781.JPG

Last edited:
Board update!

I have been wanting to add an IEM system to my rig for a while now. After running down all the parts and a few hours on the operating table in the shop I was able to get it all installed! With some inspiration from @rnjscooter I wound up buying a Cloks DC7 power supply and went with a MIPRO MI58 5.8 Gig IEM system per @Tremonti 's recommendation! It seems like a pretty decent system for the money I haven't had a chance to use it as of yet, I need to put it into some environment and report back!

View attachment 138451

Power from the Cioks takes care of the two wireless and the Peterson HD!
View attachment 138452
View attachment 138454
View attachment 138455
View attachment 138456

View attachment 138463

View attachment 138464
Nice job! Post links to your connections for sure!🤘🏼

Board update!

View attachment 138451

Power from the Cioks takes care of the two wireless and the Peterson HD!
View attachment 138452
View attachment 138454
View attachment 138455
View attachment 138456

View attachment 138463

View attachment 138464
Killer!

Keeping it sleek and light....

What pedalboard is that?! Might be the perfect solution for what I am looking for.

Any europeans (or people who have bought Harley Benton pedalboards or similar things) have a decent recommendation for a pedalboard that can hold JUST the FM9 + EV2? I won't be powering the unit with any external power supplies or anything, just want a pedalboard that adds a tiny bit of height and tilt + making the FM9 and volume pedal portable enough if I want to move things around. Don't want to drop an arm and a leg hahaha.

What pedalboard is that?! Might be the perfect solution for what I am looking for.

Any europeans (or people who have bought Harley Benton pedalboards or similar things) have a decent recommendation for a pedalboard that can hold JUST the FM9 + EV2? I won't be powering the unit with any external power supplies or anything, just want a pedalboard that adds a tiny bit of height and tilt + making the FM9 and volume pedal portable enough if I want to move things around. Don't want to drop an arm and a leg hahaha.
https://a.co/d/3zqnwWC

I did end up modifying it a bit because I didnt like how high the front feet sate ,even all the way screwed in. I cut about 1/2" off the bolts and then carefully cleaned up the threads so they screwed in all the way. I really like it for the cost, especailly because I wanted a simple bag too that was light. I have used bigger boards and cases in the past but now want it as light as possible.

Finally finished my fly rig for the summer. Been flying since 2019 with my Axe3, Matrix Power Amp, Shure PSM 900 IEM & Shure GLXD4R guitar wireless weighing in at 50lbs, my FC & incidentals in another checked bag, and carrying on my Mono Dual Electric case w/my my laptop carry on. I am too old for that crap anymore lol!

Now I will have my entire rig in one checked case, most likely the Pelican 1595 Air, but may move up to the 1615 Air, haven't decided. You will see that I extended the handles with picture frame clips so my FM9 and EV2 would fit on the Duo 24. I like it, but I added 5/8 inch feet on the bottom of the Temple board making it just as easy to pick it up, maybe easier, lol. So I may remove the handles giving me another inch of foam space in the 1595 Air.

Underneath is my GLXD4R and PSM900 with all antennas being mounted thru to the top of the Temple Board. I am running OUT1 to the Temple AMPMOD to my 2 Marshall cabs, and I'm gonna be honest, it sounds great. Not a Matrix, but for what I need, which is just to allow me to feel the air move on stage, it is all good🎸.

All power is coming in thru the Temple IEC AC Mains Micro Module, splitting 3 ways. Split #1 adding an extra on/off switch to the AMPMOD for the rare event I am not using cabs. Split #2 going to the Temple Hi5L MOD powering my 2 wireless units and LEDs, and split #3 running to my FM9.

I added l a 1/4 TRS Panel Mount Pigtai to Input 2 TRS to bring IEM feed from the FOH into my FM9, out of OUT3 of my FM9 into my PSM900, so I can have independent control of my guitar volume in stereo, with the house IEM feed up the middle of my ears. Then added 2 XLR Female Panel Mount Pigtails to OUT2 L/R stereo for my FOH feed.

Lastly, I cut pretty much every cable, AC power, DC power, XLR, TRS etc, and re-soldered/rewired them all to save space and weight. My wife has a word for that, but I digress..... All of it I checked a million times on my multimeter to make sure I dont kill myself, and then I checked again 🙏.

Will make a youtube vid of my build with all my tips and tricks in the next week or so. Next up ... Pelican Air baby!View attachment 136880

So it took me a while because I'm very slow at making decisions, I like to call it being particular, my wife calls it being something else, lol. But I finally settled on the Pelican 1615 Air Travel Case. I REALLY wanted the 1595 Air Travel to work as it's 4 to 5 inches shorter, but the bottom line is there wouldn't have been enough foam, if any, to protect the rig. This is literally perfect for me and I don't even feel I am going to need plastic dip, although I have it in case. I am however going to use..

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-14-o...e-Low-VOC-Spray-Adhesive-77VOC30DSC/316351816

...to adhere the foam to the case so they foam pieces doing have a desire to pop out when pulling the rig out. The pelican case foam is 6-7 pieces depending on what configuration you buy. there are 3 smaller pieces that sit in the bottom of the case to fill in nooks and crannies created from the pull handle and wheels, then a 1 inch base goes on top of that for the rig to sit on, and then two 3 inch slabs of pick n pluck to customize to your needs. totaling 6 inches in height. I allowed me to pick n pluck the bottom portion to the exact size of my Temple Audio Duo 24, and then doing the same on the top portion, but adding another inch of cutout space on each side for the grabbing of the handles of the pedalboard. NOTE: It's called "pick n pluck" for a reason. I did a practice run using a knife to pull the cubes apart and it destroyed the foam. Luckily i had the space left in the foam to finish the job with my fingers. Even tho there are plenty of Youtube vids detailing pick n pluck with a knife, using your fingers keeps the foam nice and smooth in your customization process, trust me!

I chose the Air "TRAVEL" series as its combo pouch lid organizer allows me to store my 25ft snake housing my power cable speaker, cables, etc, in the zippered compartment while allowing me to use the mesh pockets to store my wireless packs, etc. All other lid organizers do NOT have an option large enough to drop a 25ft snake into.

I bought the case from Caleb at https://www.colorcase.com. He was awesome to work with, free shipping, no tax, and I got the case literally the very next day. Tell him Here is the exact link of what I bought. You can get them in any color, with any color handles and locks. I chose charcoal grey with silver locks. Michael James sent ya!

https://www.colorcase.com/products/pelican-1615-air-charcoal-silver?variant=31395986276431

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 7.58.13 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-20 at 7.58.40 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-20 at 7.58.55 AM.png

Time to fly!

I ordered a Temple Audio duo 34 for my FM9. I'm going to put XLR connectors on the side using the punched plate. For those who have done the same thing, are there any cons to using an adapter like this instead of the kind that need to be soldered (other than cost, of course)? Thanks in advance.

1713994924396.png

Last edited:
I ordered a Temple Audio duo 34 for my FM9. I'm going to put XLR connectors on the side using the punched plate. For those who have done the same thing, are there any cons to using an adapter like this instead of the kind that need to be soldered (other than cost, of course)? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 139354
There are a few issues that I can think of running a passthrough. 1, a lot of connector mass hanging off of the punch plate, 2 not having the wiring dressed down point to point. Maybe not a huge deal but it does make a difference especially if you are moving the board a lot.

Finally finished after adding my stealth screen protectors! This is on a Rockboard Quad 4.2. Nothing hangs over the edges, it's just camera perspective shenanigans....I don't need to press any switches on the SY-200 - the FM9 is taking care of preset selection, on/off and hold function via midi.
The red and black wire coming from the Truetone 1Spot connects to an adapter that drops from 12v (dip switch selected on the Truetone) to two 5v USB sockets - one is powering the underboard LED strips and I have a spare socket to charge my phone (see picture of underneath the board - the socket is cable tied in the middle section). FM9 is attached to the board with socket head bolts and stacked penny washers. The space between the SY-200 & Boss wireless is perfect for transporting an additional expression pedal if I need.
I've re-purposed an old junction box I made so that it fits in the slot on the front of the Rockboard. At the moment, I'm running mono so the only cable connection is to the OUT 1 1/4 jack which runs to a single Fender FR-10 but I'll no doubt get around to doing another one with twin 1/4 sockets and twin XLR's.
A kettle lead splitter runs power to the FM9 and Truetone from a single plug.
PXL_20240429_145410402.jpg

PXL_20240429_145704255.jpg

PXL_20240429_150942061.jpg

PXL_20240429_151402129.jpg

Back
Top Bottom