Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the difference between

-Block
reset current chanels

-tools
manage presets
resets amp block

-setup
utilities
reset system parameter

witch is the hard reset and the soft reset?

Does a soft reset also reset advanced parameters that are not visible to the user ? I understand that the modeling code is updated with the firmware, but they could still be using old “not visible to user” parameters. Is a soft reset enough, or do we need a hard reset ?

For the soft reset, you have to do the Konami code ( up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A and the Start button)

But after counting to 13 while seeing the half moon, closing your left eye.

For The hard reset, you have to climb to the hill that is located north east (36th degree to the sun). After finding the 3 secrets mystical tree branches, go back in front of your axe fx, take a hammer, start singin “welcome to the jungle” and smash it .

“Sha nananananana nizzzz! nizzzz! wouahhhh, ha!” Etc

Last edited:
In my experience, inserting an amp block to a preset (completely blank or one that doesn’t have the amp block) it loads the last type/model that was used at default/reset settings.

someone mentioned that loading an amp block from the block library will load it at default settings. I don’t see how that’s possible as that would defeat the purpose of the block library.

I don’t have time to test so if anyone wants to confirm those that’d be great.

This discussion has made it seem more complicated than it is.

If at any time you’re wondering if the amp is reset, just hard reset the channel from the Block menu in Axe-Edit or the Reset option in hardware while in the Edit screen of the amp block.

More and more I'm honestly starting to wonder if preset really means p-reset (programmed reset?) and not pre-set...?

Close to a few other opinions my wish would be that the current behavior becomes an option and that the default is that defaults will be read from the "database."

on POWER AMP page, all parameters DO change to defaults EXCEPT NFB Compensation regardless of Ideal or Authentic Tone Control Display choice.
this may explain some of the recent "NFB should have been on" threads/questions when the parameter was introduced recently. if they stayed in the same amp block and turned off NFB Comp, then changed types/models, the volume could have been different than expected due to this staying off. if they happened to do a Hard Reset though, NFB Comp would have turned back on.

on PWR TUBES + CF page, all parameters DO change to defaults EXCEPT Bias Tremolo Frequency, regardless of Ideal or Authentic Tone Control Display choice.

on POWER SUPPLY page, all parameters DO change to defaults, regardless of Ideal or Authentic Tone Control Display choice.

on SPEAKER page, all parameters DO change to defaults EXCEPT Auto Dyna Cab Imp, Speaker Breakup, Speaker Compression, Speaker Time Const, Output mode, regardless of Ideal or Authentic Tone Control Display choice.
These ones actually shocked me and from now on, I'll be doing a hard reset.
I had never really looked to confirm these settings when copying or creating amp blocks. I probably have some bastardized presets somewhere because of it.

what is the difference between

-Block
reset current chanels

-tools
manage presets
resets amp block

-setup
utilities
reset system parameter

For the soft reset, you have to do the Konami code ( up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A and the Start button)

But after counting to 13 while seeing the half moon, closing your left eye.

For The hard reset, you have to climb to the hill that is located north east (36th degree to the sun). After finding the 3 secrets mystical tree branches, go back in front of your axe fx, take a hammer, start singin “welcome to the jungle” and smash it .

“Sha nananananana nizzzz! nizzzz! wouahhhh, ha!” Etc
What is so funny? just want to know

Ouch. There has to be a better way.
Up until now I thought a block save was just a .txt file that only listed the parameters needed to be modified. Live and learn I guess. I have historic block saves from years ago along with those generously supplied by other users. Not just amps.
This is going to be a chore.
Maybe save yourself some time and only change them when you use them

These ones actually shocked me and from now on, I'll be doing a hard reset.
I had never really looked to confirm these settings when copying or creating amp blocks. I probably have some bastardized presets somewhere because of it.

Everybody probably does. As I mentioned above, this is a consequence of the overlap of parameters that users adjust to tweak their presets and parameters FAS adjusts to tweak the models. That will inevitably lead to conflicts, so if you want to take full advantage of firmware updates with modeling enhancements, you have to be prepared to leave your preset library and amp block library behind and start over with new amp blocks (and you have to be familiar with the subtleties of amp block resets).

someone mentioned that loading an amp block from the block library will load it at default settings. I don’t see how that’s possible as that would defeat the purpose of the block library.

You're right, that doesn't reset the amp block. That means somebody who updates their firmware, then loads an amp block from the block library into an empty preset still needs to do a reset to take full advantage of the modelling enhancements. I'm not sure the average user will understand that. Even if they do, doing a reset after importing, like you say, defeats the whole purpose of loading an amp block from the block library :).

The last 10 pages talking about the reset, enough to drive you crazy, and there have already been several times the link which explains how to do a soft or hard reset. Also I laughed a little bit when it ends like… hmm “I don’t do the beta, I’m asking for a friend 🤣
You got it.
By the way, what happens if I received the beta on a ship at sea heading east, and then crossed the international dateline while I soft reset the amp blocks, and the new blocks were reset to the previous settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom