Fender FR-12 preamp mod : The Hissterectomy

I could have quit Here and tuned the stock components around a new eq months ago.... ..but it would only be a solution for the few of us that can solder well and don't dread cutting out some stuff (warranty be dammed)

Instead I have invested a pretty large amount of time and funds for a solution that works for anyone that got stuck with a hissy FR, as a plug and play answer to the problem that has existed since the FR release.

Now it is going to be available as a 5 min fix for anyone and everyone. And I get to involve probably one of the greatest humans of all time ..in my lifetime of knowing some legendary guitarists, as his gets fixed too.

More impressive than his Bio is the kindness and the gratitude he just Satchurates the atmosphere with.

Here is the lesson for F-corp (and I am certain you will read this)

It pays to do the right thing, and to do things the right way. Put people over profits. Don't cut corners. Cut out the bullshit instead. You aren't Headrush! Act like it.

1000 watt mic drop
*Actually a 153 watt mic drop but it's pretty flippin loud.

Last edited:
As excited as I am to enjoy the fruits of @WKSmith ‘s labor, part of me is sad to see this Hissterectomy come to an end.

same here! Always look forward to seeing updates on this thread like your fav tv series. I wonder what the longest thread has been in this forum's history. This one must be up there

I may have missed this in the thread but for the beta testers what was the general finding in terms of optimal settings. Obviously everyone's room and ears are different but the stock versions there was some common eq settings to make it more flat...

Back
Top Bottom