New DynaCab™ Pack - York Audio 4x12 Recto

No - afaik, proprietary as mentioned above - to go cross-platform I think we'd need export to .wav

Fractal prefers them locked to Axfx I guess. Would def be cool to be able to use them in other gear but I'm ok with them locked since its been that way since I 1st started using CL with Fractal pack.
Not entirely sandboxed!!!

CabLab is a plugin for your DAW as well.

@York Audio ,

Just a quick question Justin. How close to the grill were you with these captured at the closest position? Touching the grill I assume? I always mic fairly aggressively and bright on my Mesa cabs, right on the grill etc, so I was just curious.

Also, I’m curious how you decided which speaker in the cabinet you used? Of course, I’m sure the answer is probably just the one you thought sounded best, but I thought I’d ask anyways
!

Also, everyone: don’t sleep on that Austrian audio oc818 mic. The most incredible sounding mic I’ve heard in awhile. Sneap and some of the other big dogs are using this with a 421 and a 57 a lot lately in their productions just fyi . It also sounds insane just by itself. First time I heard one I bought it the next day.

Hello @York Audio, thanks for the great effort and result as usual!

What do you recommend to use for us to get a good result for some of Paramore songs? Use (almost) a mix with 57, 421 and 121?
Thanks man! I'm glad you like it! The Paramore sound changes with every album, but it's possible that this is the cab used for the Brand New Eyes album. I'd try the SM7 (what I mainly used on that cab live), or blending 57m and 421m. Our high gain amps always had plenty of low end, so we didn't need to use ribbon mics to fill out the sound.

I'd also listen to then LOL 67 and 818 if you want a little condenser "air" for more energy.

@York Audio ,

Just a quick question Justin. How close to the grill were you with these captured at the closest position? Touching the grill I assume? I always mic fairly aggressively and bright on my Mesa cabs, right on the grill etc, so I was just curious.

Also, I’m curious how you decided which speaker in the cabinet you used? Of course, I’m sure the answer is probably just the one you thought sounded best, but I thought I’d ask anyways
!
The closest position is as close to the grill as I could get while making sure the mic didn't touch it while moving from position to position around the speaker.

For speaker selection, I chose the one that I thought sounded best with the mic selection. A lot of testing happens before I start capturing.

And man, you're not wrong about the OC818. That mic sounds incredible! I borrowed that one from a friend and was the last mic I captured (not thinking ANOTHER mic was needed). After hearing the initial test shots, I couldn't hit "capture" fast enough. Really pleased with that mic and hoping my friend will sell me THAT one.

Also, everyone: don’t sleep on that Austrian audio oc818 mic. The most incredible sounding mic I’ve heard in awhile. Sneap and some of the other big dogs are using this with a 421 and a 57 a lot lately in their productions just fyi . It also sounds insane just by itself. First time I heard one I bought it the next day.
It's a beautiful mic. I use it for voice acting and it's just so crisp

Just quick little clip with firmware 25 and Justin’s dyna pack.

As I said I’m a fan of the OC818 ( I’ve got an 18 myself) and this combo just rules. Unidyne 57/OC818/421 modern mix. 5153 stealth red, no eq just alittle hi and low pass so quite raw.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/00hq...ni57.wav?rlkey=s5znf43gtlw2hceovczgnfnna&dl=0
I landed on the 58 818 combo with the stealth red with the super od drive turned on in the amp block works amazing for drop F#. I tried the 58 with the 313 blended in gave my a different flavor that works great too. Loving this pack!!

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/dynacab-pack-york-audio-4x12-recto/

View attachment 136836
Presenting the first DynaCab Pack from YORK AUDIO! Justin York brings his skills as a producer and engineer to the Cab-Lab 4 platform with impressive results in this highly requested pack.

DynaCab™ Pack - York Audio - 4x12 Recto is based on a 2008 Mesa® 4x12 Standard Straight Oversized Rectifier® speaker cabinet with UK Mesa® spec V30s.

This deluxe pack provides an expanded selection of microphones:

Condenser 47 based on the Telefunken™ U47
Condenser 184 based on a Neumann™ KM 184
Condenser 818 Austrian Audio™ OC818
Condenser LOL67 based on the ADK™ C-LOL 67
Dynamic 421 M based on a modern Sennheiser™ MD421
Dynamic 421 V based on a vintage Sennheiser™ MD421
Dynamic 57 Fred - based on dual Shure™ SM57s in a Fredman™ Clip
Dynamic 57 M based on a modern Shure™ SM57
Dynamic 57 V based on a vintage Shure™ SM57 Unidyne™ III
Dynamic 58 based on Shure™ SM58
Dynamic 69 based on a Beyerdynamic™ M69
Dynamic 906 based on a Sennheiser™ e 906
Dynamic SM7 V based on a vintage Shure™ SM7
Ribbon 121 based on the Royer™ R-121
Ribbon 160 based on the Beyerdynamic™ M160
Ribbon 313 based on the Shure™ KSM313
Quick question, if we were to share presets where the dyna cab packs on CL are used could we share those cab lab files so that the people that have CL and the packs can use them or is that a no no?

Quick question, if we were to share presets where the dyna cab packs on CL are used could we share those cab lab files so that the people that have CL and the packs can use them or is that a no no?
Interesting question - my guess is that: if I pass a CL session file to someone else who has purchased the same DC packs used in that session, they should be able to open it. Not sure tho - we'll see what an official answer is.

Yes, you can share Cab-Lab session files. They are only usable by others who have already purchased the relevant packs.

I was actually hoping that 3rd party cab packs might include some sessions from the pack creators...

Yes, you can share Cab-Lab session files. They are only usable by others who have already purchased the relevant packs.

I was actually hoping that 3rd party cab packs might include some sessions from the pack creators...
I think users sharing their CL sessions is great. It's a little trickier for IR producers who make their living doing this who don't want to give up trade secrets by revealing certain mix recipes, ya know? But it's ok. That's what the standard IR packs are for. :)

I think users sharing their CL sessions is great. It's a little trickier for IR producers who make their living doing this who don't want to give up trade secrets by revealing certain mix recipes, ya know? But it's ok. That's what the standard IR packs are for. :)

Hey Justin, is it safe to say this won’t be the last pack of yours? And by that I mean, when is that Marshall BV cab coming? :)

OC818 sounds exactly like my OC18 on my recto cab, incredible sounding man, just killer . I don’t move it from dead center, but man it just rules hard in that position.

It would be cool if there were some “factory” presets included in this packs. Maybe just generic starting points without sharing your trade secrets? I get it…use your ears and not your eyes.

Yeah, I get it... And I was actually hoping to learn from those ;)
Hahaha! I have a feeling my competitors feel the same way. ;)

It would be cool if there were some “factory” presets included in this packs. Maybe just generic starting points without sharing your trade secrets? I get it…use your ears and not your eyes.
DynaCabs are approached in the opposite way compared to traditional IRs. With traditional IRs, you tweak your amp settings to sound great with the IR you're using. With DynaCabs, you tweak your mic placements to sound great for your amp settings.

I think it's cool that DynaCabs allow users to be creative in how they choose to mic up a cab. Any "starting points" I would offer would basically be like revealing Mix recipes I tend to try for my standard IR packs, which is why I need to keep those secret.

DynaCabs put you in control of your sound while using my studio, mics, and signal chain. Standard IR packs allow me to be your audio engineer and meticulously craft mic placements and mic blends.

Did a quick sweep through the mics in the 4x12 Recto DynaCab.

Had 3 riffs recorded & reamped through a NAM profile of my Ceriatone King Kong 100W (profiled with my Mesa 4x12 OS Straight cabinet as the load using a Behringer GI100 box between the head and cab).

Anyway, repetitive but just so the mics stand out.

I really tried to get into the dynacabs when the first came out and just could not get a sound that I wanted. I decided to pull the trigger on this cab pack because i love YA so much and WOW these sound amazing. I just put on my looper played some riffs and got a sound that I wanted in less than 2 mins. I compared these to my favorite legacy IRs and the stock dyna cabs in the AXE and these blew everything away. They sound so full and not hollow or brittle. Please make more of these!

Back
Top Bottom