Axe-Fx III Firmware 25.00 Public Beta (Cygnus X-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/25p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_25p00_beta2.zip

WARNING: THIS FIRMWARE REPRESENTS AN UPDATE TO THE CORE ALGORITHMS AND MAY CHANGE THE SOUND OF YOUR PRESETS. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS POSSIBILITY THEN IT IS ADVISED TO NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE. IF YOU DO INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE AND IT CHANGES THE SOUND OF YOUR PRESETS AND YOU COME INTO THIS THREAD AND COMPLAIN THAT YOUR PRESETS SOUND DIFFERENT BE PREPARED FOR SHAME AND RIDICULE.

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

New “Cygnus X-3” amp modeling:
  • Improved preamp algorithms.
  • Improved power amp algorithms.
  • Improved output transformer loss modeling.
  • Improved preamp supply voltage modeling.
  • Nearly all amp models have been “remastered” as a result of new measurement techniques and analytical methods.
Updated Power Tube Grid Bias (or Cathode Resistance, as applicable) default value for most amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Updated Supply Sag default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Updated Cathode Follower default values for many amp models. Existing presets are NOT altered. A soft or hard reset will load the updated value.

Fixed wrong Miller capacitance value in Deluxe Verb Vibrato, Double Verb Vibrato, Super Verb Vibrato and all Vibrato Verb models.

Fixed wrong FX loop recovery gain in Suhr Badger models.

Added “Sunrise Splendor” Drive model. Existing model renamed “Sunrise Splendor Hi-Cut” to denote that the Hi-Cut switch is engaged.

I'm immediately put in mind of a quote from one of my favorite films:

"Our standards have to be higher than anyone else because we are the standard of everyone else." (from The Insider)

I feel genuine gratitude that you continue to improve your core algorithms. Having access to accurate models is the dream. I feel like, several times since I bought the Axe-FX III, that I've ended up with a new unit. The number and quality of new and improved features that have been added over the years is truly incredible.

Thank you also for including the Morning Glory with the Hi Cut bypassed; that pedal is already astounding with it engaged!

fcc.jpg

Niiice ... but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test it.

Any changes in CPU usage with the new modeling?

First impressions after running 200 presets :

A little bit more gain (?)

High gain tones are less defined, more "dirty/fuzzy"

Something happen in the bass/mids area

Less treble globally

No CPU change

The levelling is not really touched but yes some amps need to be ajusted in volume

Conclusion :

Don't sound "better" but dirtier, some may like, some not.

need to rework and control all the presets , scenes etc.

Also take it easy hm, these are the first feelings .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom