Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
JS410 Lead Orange preset of mine is sounding totally different after Firmware and Edit updates + refresh. New model is much darker, less open and muddy sounding now. I reverted back to 20.04 and it's night and day difference. Does anyone want my preset to compare? I'm also happy just staying on 20.04.
Me too same amp same channel.. Had to tame speaker drive and compression and reduce gain.

Why completely off?
To see if it is causing the problem
Then add it back in slowly
One of the Beta Cliff cut it by 50%
So if you liked that beta or increased it because it was not as noticeable now it may be too much
Most people reporting buzzy and muddy lows that is the culprit

JS410 Lead Orange preset of mine is sounding totally different after Firmware and Edit updates + refresh. New model is much darker, less open and muddy sounding now. I reverted back to 20.04 and it's night and day difference. Does anyone want my preset to compare? I'm also happy just staying on 20.04.
Several people have reported that the Input EQ is getting reset in the Amp block.

You might compare that between the 2 firmware versions.

As has been stated numerous times, not every control on the Ideal page works on every amp model... I don't think we need to report each one unless we want to irritate Cliff into actually removing the Ideal page entirely.

He's mentioned a "clean up" to help with this but not yet implemented.
hmm, it worked on previous fw for this amp, because I had it set to +3db and with fw21 it’s a lot darker, very probably because of that.
sorry, I didn’t read that before someone mentioned this.

hmm, it worked on previous fw for this amp, because I had it set to +3db and with fw21 it’s a lot darker, very probably because of that.
sorry, I didn’t read that before someone mentioned this.
Sorry, I didn't realize you were meaning that it previously worked. I was addressing the general issue regarding controls on the Ideal page.

I should have known better as you seem to be on top of things like that! :)
That's a known bug and has already been fixed for the next release.
I stand corrected!

Sorry, I didn't realize you were meaning that it previously worked. I was addressing the general issue regarding controls on the Ideal page.

I should have known better as you seem to be on top of things like that! :)

I stand corrected!
To hear sorry from a Legend of this forum like You are just shows how genuinely cool and humble you are, but I don’t think you said anything wrong at all ;)

too bad my english sucks, because I have no idea what that means or how to interpret it 😬 :
“I should have known better as you seem to be on top of things like that!”

To hear sorry from a Legend of this forum like You are just shows how genuinely cool and humble you are, but I don’t think you said anything wrong at all ;)

too bad my english sucks, because I have no idea what that means or how to interpret it 😬 :
“I should have known better as you seem to be on top of things like that!”
We're all human and should try to act that way!

I meant that you seem to be very familiar with the amp models you use and you know when something isn't correct.

We're all human and should try to act that way!

I meant that you seem to be very familiar with the amp models you use and you know when something isn't correct.
haha, that’s probably true, because I use maybe 10 amp models, if not less :)

I treat Axe-Fx like the best gift ever.
every once in a while I’ll get familiar with 1 new amp and learn all it’s quirks.

It’s like buying a new amp every few months without getting broke 😂

Screen shotted every page on the Amp in 20.04 and matched them in the 21 firmware and the JS410 Lead Orange in 21 still sounds totally off compared 20.04.

Screen shotted every page on the Amp in 20.04 and matched them in the 21 firmware and the JS410 Lead Orange in 21 still sounds totally off compared 20.04.
that would not work anyway if the modeling changed, besides beeing off to you there will be always differences

that would not work anyway if the modeling changed, besides beeing off to you there will be always differences

Yeah, I get it now. I don't feel like reworking the amp in the new Firmware to make it sound like it used to in 20.04. I'll just stay on 20.04.

How exactly does the new AC30 tone stack tapers sound? I’ve found myself setting the treble generally higher on the previous FWs than bass. Although with a real amp, the bass is significantly higher than the treble.

Away from home for now, so can’t dive in myself

Yeah, I get it now. I don't feel like reworking the amp in the new Firmware to make it sound like it used to in 20.04. I'll just stay on 20.04.
I just tried both presets with the included IR in FW 21 and they sound pretty much the same. I tried the 20.04 Preset in both FW Versions (20.04 and 21.0) and the only difference I heard was FW 21 had a slight high end roll off and low mids bump. Was expecting a much bigger difference, much preferred the tone in FW 21 though if I'm perfectly honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom