Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 13.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
That function ('BAK' function to toggle to/from previous preset) is just one of a few FC functions we've been waiting for for well over a year!
The other specific ones I'm waiting for are:
Fast 'Typematic' Bank Scrolling.
Ability to remove bank 000 (offset)

These are functions that the old MFC101 performed quite easily, but for some reason, weren't implemented on the FC's.
Yes Yes and Yes for Fast "Typematic" Bank Scrolling. I have already asked for this and ..................

But can you get bank 000 on the FC to display as bank 001 after offsetting?

You should be able to offset The presets like you mentioned on the Axe, then offset The bank by 1 on the FC, so that presets on the FC start at bank 1, preset 1.
this was possible on the MFCs but is not possible on the FCs
Nothing is impossible... I guess it just depends on customer demand... when Fractal is prioritizing development tasks I'm sure they are constantly weighing multiple factors out. And sometimes a seemingly simple change can be way more complex than one could imagine. Personally this would have zero benefit for me but I get where you are coming from. There are lots of other improvements I'd prefer they spend their engineering hours on... that being said if this was an easy tweak make it an option. Little projects like this make great tasks for engineering interns. Dunno if Fractal takes on interns but if they do add it to their list! ;)

I wish there was a way to have the unit power up each time to the tuner function. That way the unit is muted by default. So If you have an input slamming away at start up (by mistake), you could catch it on the meters before it invades the ears.

Think I may have found a bug 🦟

I'm using FC-12 external switches 1 & 2 as stand-in switches on master layout for control switches 1 & 2. It's setup correctly as it does work in other places, just not in the multiplexer to change input rows

Think I may have found a bug 🦟

I'm using FC-12 external switches 1 & 2 as stand-in switches on master layout for control switches 1 & 2. It's setup correctly as it does work in other places, just not in the multiplexer to change input rows
I don't think Control Switches work for that. You need some form of Channel Select...

I wish there was a way to have the unit power up each time to the tuner function. That way the unit is muted by default. So If you have an input slamming away at start up (by mistake), you could catch it on the meters before it invades the ears.
If you use the new Tuner on Heel Down then you could put your volume pedal heel down before powering on.

For that matter, just putting the Volume heel down would do the trick... Unless you really just want the tuner on as well ;)

If you use the new Tuner on Heel Down then you could put your volume pedal heel down before powering on.

For that matter, just putting the Volume heel down would do the trick... Unless you really just want the tuner on as well ;)
Yeah, I guess i'll have to get a third expression pedal to use as a global volume in my config.

The 0930 was a great place. Seeing Steven with Guthrie in that venue had to be incredible. Reminds me of when I used to see Danny Gatton at Club Soda. Can't beat being so close to great musicians.
I saw Weather Report at a tiny club in the Village, a bit before Body Electric came out, sitting literally three feet from the stage. Miroslav came out first, by himself, modal invocations and explorations, wonderful stuff. Suddenly the whole band came in, and the whole thing just exploded. Ideas flying back and forth so fast, so imaginative, such communication, just blew my mind. Best concert I've ever been to, and it wouldn't have been the same if I wasn't so close, practically inside it. Hockey rinks are not made for that.

I don't think Control Switches work for that. You need some form of Channel Select...
Theoretically, they should:
Screen%20Shot%202020-08-27%20at%208.18.13%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202020-08-27%20at%208.18.36%20PM.png

Yeah, I guess i'll have to get a third expression pedal to use as a global volume in my config.
I've been considering getting a third just for the same reason.. I already use one of my two for that purpose exclusively.. but I'm finding I'd like more control on having volume, and two multi-function instead of just one..

Under utilizing the first pedal as Volume only I get it.. but sadly.. it's just nice to be able to easily control the volume and with the heel-down tuner, even better!

As a matter of fact, none of the modifier sources are working to select a different row for the input source. I'm sure I've used modifiers here before.

Last edited:
If have noticed in some cases a loud popping-noise on preset changes when Reverb-Spillover is enabled. Happens when switching between the attached example presets, if there is some signal on Input.
In the past, there was a similar issue with some Amp-Blocks some FW-Versions earlier.

Attachments

• Lovely Day.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 5AM (strat).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Or couldn't you use a volume pedal in front of the axe effects 3 ? just plug and play
I could do that, but I pretty much took care of it when I modified my acoustic guitar preamp with a switch that disconnects the battery. I was tired of replacing the battery after countless times of forgetting to unplug the cable. I don't know why manufacturers don't put a switch on them in the first place. So now I just have to remember to flip the switch..... hmm, maybe I'l put in a motion switch pointed at the sound hole set to switch off after 5 minutes of no motion. I like doing these things as long as they don't compromise my guitar in any way.View attachment 71942

Attachments

• 20200821_200537[1].jpg
    20200821_200537[1].jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 20200821_223839[1].jpg
    20200821_223839[1].jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I could do that, but I pretty much took care of it when I modified my acoustic guitar preamp with a switch that disconnects the battery. I was tired of replacing the battery after countless times of forgetting to unplug the cable. I don't know why manufacturers don't put a switch on them in the first place. So now I just have to remember to flip the switch..... hmm, maybe I'l put in a motion switch pointed at the sound hole set to switch off after 5 minutes of no motion. I like doing these things as long as they don't compromise my guitar in any way.View attachment 71942
I would forget to flip the switch just as often as I would forget to pull the plug. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom