Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I believe this is just the way the presets are programmed. That was my biggest “gripe” (and I feel that’s too strong of a word) with the last update. It is an inconvenience for those of us without an FC.
Ohhh...ok...honestly, for those without a FC, the presets don't really follow their preset names. I think I figured that if you go in and see that - say - the input boost is "yellow" and on, when you select and switch the FC to none, it goes to off. When something like the bright switch is "yellow" and set to off and you select none, it reverts back to "on." Makes me think that was the intention. Anyway, when I remove these, the presets make sense to me. Then I can color them in with fat and bright or whatever I want. The biggest draw to these is the matching of the cabs imo.

Ohhh...ok...honestly, for those without a FC, the presets don't really follow their preset names. I think I figured that if you go in and see that - say - the input boost is "yellow" and on, when you select and switch the FC to none, it goes to off. When something like the bright switch is "yellow" and set to off and you select none, it reverts back to "on." Makes me think that was the intention. Anyway, when I remove these, the presets make sense to me. Then I can color them in with fat and bright or whatever I want. The biggest draw to these is the matching of the cabs imo.
Agreed. I stand by my inconvenience comment, but these presets are worth it still.

OK, now I'm kinda blown away by them. Honestly, the way they came out of the box, I didn't really get what the buzz was all about. But when I disable the assignments...holy crap. I just lost an hour with the Vibroverb.

Hey @austinbuddy - I realize I'm on Beta 3 and it just might not work correctly, but it seems as though the input boost, fat/bright switches and saturation switch are all assigned to different foot switches...and won't let you turn them off if you don't have a foot controller. I can go in and turn them off by right clicking and selecting "none," but I just wondered if these were intended to be "on" in the presets? I found most of these - at least with my guitars - needed the input boost turned off. Did you intend for these to be on? Or is it a glitch? I just noticed in the first several I tried - Tweed Deluxe, Super and Blackface Deluxe Tele presets.
Maybe I should roll back to 11.01 and try...
Roll back. It all works on 11.1

Hey @austinbuddy - I realize I'm on Beta 3 and it just might not work correctly, but it seems as though the input boost, fat/bright switches and saturation switch are all assigned to different foot switches...and won't let you turn them off if you don't have a foot controller. I can go in and turn them off by right clicking and selecting "none," but I just wondered if these were intended to be "on" in the presets? I found most of these - at least with my guitars - needed the input boost turned off. Did you intend for these to be on? Or is it a glitch? I just noticed in the first several I tried - Tweed Deluxe, Super and Blackface Deluxe Tele presets.
Maybe I should roll back to 11.01 and try...

I think the moderator told us to not use these presets with Beta software. 11.01 everything sounds fantastic

Okay guys - firmware 11 Naked Amps banks are all updated/done! You can login and download this NOW - it's labeled in your account as:

fw11_Axe-Fx_III_1400+_Naked-Amps-TonePack_Temp

Pasting some update notes below....

The 1400+ Naked Amps is three banks now, and all have been updated to firmware 11. Moved the bonus presets into a new Bank C.

While it says "temp" in file name, know that all the banks are presumed final, unless you guys find errors which I will fix subsequently. I'm calling it "temp" because the docs aren't finished. I did include a rough .pdf list of all the presets/scenes that I want to arrange nicer later (fewer pages).

I've added a few Tonepack Sampler presets to Bank B from the released Brit Rock Royalty #1 and the yet-unreleased 200+ Bass TonePack (Axe-Fx III version coming in 2020).

Bank B also has an area reserved for future amp updates. Added the new Matchless DC30 EF model, there plus the Wrecker Liverpool bright. I add the new Express bright model into the original Wrecker preset in Bank B, and moved the Liverpool amp instead to this new area. I've reserved space for new amp additions (but you can use those preset slots for whatever you want).

I couldn't get to complete documentation by my deadline tonight, so I'm going to work on that for another week or so, along with some new walk-through videos that will be helpful. I also need to get an FC6 layout version together. When everything is done, will post here. Enjoy and Happy New Years!

Update release notes:

BANKS A-B-C UPDATE FOR 1400+ NAKED AMPS

This zip file contains a the anticipated 1400+ Naked Amps firmware 11 update, but without final documentation. Rather than make everyone wait for the whole thing with final docs and videos, wanted to release access to this update before New Year’s day.

The final documents and preset/scene list are still being developed and coming soon into your account.

Please report any errors you find on the Fractal Forum or to my email at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com. The presets should be final as updated ARES firmware 11.x+ version for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III.

The complete TonePack update with all notes should be available before January 10th in your user account at www.AustinBuddy.com. I’ll send out a newsletter announcement when completed, as well as post to the forum and Facebook page. I hope do some video tutorials soon as a more digestible guide than a written manual.

If you are a first time buyer installing this, refer to the version5 README documents. Just install this firmware v11 Banks instead of the v5 Banks.

Bank changes in this updated firmware 11 version include:

• Rearrangement of existing scenes in presets to go numerically from lower gain to higher gain in most presets
  • Changes to preset names and scene names to make them fit “better” into the windows on the FC12 and FC6 Foot controllers
  • addition of “v11” at end of preset name to avoid confusion with prior version “v5” presets
  • Tweaks to volume level, gain, tone and to cab blocks, including more lo cut on many amp models with excessive bass under firmware 11. Use the Amp Block’s CUT feature to reverse these effects or lower the Cab Blocks LO CUT if you want to add more bass.
  • Most of these presets will be LOUDER than the version 5 presets.
  • Also included is a FC12 “Page 6” layout for controlling the Amp Block that can be imported into an FC12 using Axe-Edit III’s Foot-controller/Layouts/Edit feature. I’m also including my latest complete FC12 layout I’m using (all layouts as well). An FC 6 version is in the works.
  • Moving the old Bonus Presets section to a new Bank C, to make more room in Bank B for future amp/preset expansion and also inclide the TonePack Samplers in Bank B.
  • Fractal artist Larry Mitchell has generously submitted a great Strat preset under the Other Makers preset section — thanks Larry!

Last edited:
Okay guys - firmware 11 Naked Amps banks are all updated/done! You can login and download this NOW - it's labeled in your account as:

fw11_Axe-Fx_III_1400+_Naked-Amps-TonePack_Temp

Pasting some update notes below....

The 1400+ Naked Amps is three banks now, and all have been updated to firmware 11. Moved the bonus presets into a new Bank C.

While it says "temp" in file name, know that all the banks are presumed final, unless you guys find errors which I will fix subsequently. I'm calling it "temp" because the docs aren't finished. I did include a rough .pdf list of all the presets/scenes that I want to arrange nicer later (fewer pages).

I've added a few Tonepack Sampler presets to Bank B from the released Brit Rock Royalty #1 and the yet-unreleased 200+ Bass TonePack (Axe-Fx III version coming in 2020).

Bank B also has an area reserved for future amp updates. Added the new Matchless DC30 EF model, there plus the Wrecker Liverpool bright. I add the new Express bright model into the original Wrecker preset in Bank B, and moved the Liverpool amp instead to this new area. I've reserved space for new amp additions (but you can use those preset slots for whatever you want).

I couldn't get to complete documentation by my deadline tonight, so I'm going to work on that for another week or so, along with some new walk-through videos that will be helpful. I also need to get an FC6 layout version together. When everything is done, will post here. Enjoy and Happy New Years!

Update release notes:

BANKS A-B-C” UPDATE FOR 1400+ NAKED AMPS

This zip file contains a the anticipated 1400+ Naked Amps firmware 11 update, but without final documentation. Rather than make everyone wait for the whole thing with final docs and videos, wanted to release access to this update before New Year’s day.

The final documents and preset/scene list are still being developed and coming soon into your account.

Please report any errors you find on the Fractal Forum or to my email at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com. The presets should be final as updated ARES firmware 11.x+ version for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III.

The complete TonePack update with all notes should be available before January 10th in your user account at www.AustinBuddy.com. I’ll send out a newsletter announcement when completed, as well as post to the forum and Facebook page. I hope do some video tutorials soon as a more digestible guide than a written manual.

If you are a first time buyer installing this, refer to the version5 README documents. Just install this firmware v11 Banks instead of the v5 Banks.

Bank changes in this updated firmware 11 version include:

• Rearrangement of existing scenes in presets to go numerically from lower gain to higher gain in most presets
  • Changes to preset names and scene names to make them fit “better” into the windows on the FC12 and FC6 Foot controllers
  • addition of “v11” at end of preset name to avoid confusion with prior version “v5” presets
  • Tweaks to volume level, gain, tone and to cab blocks, including more lo cut on many amp models with excessive bass under firmware 11. Use the Amp Block’s CUT feature to reverse these effects or lower the Cab Blocks LO CUT if you want to add more bass.
  • Most of these presets will be LOUDER than the version 5 presets.
  • Also included is a FC12 “Page 6” layout for controlling the Amp Block that can be imported into an FC12 using Axe-Edit III’s Foot-controller/Layouts/Edit feature. I’m also including my latest complete FC12 layout I’m using (all layouts as well). An FC 6 version is in the works.
  • Moving the old Bonus Presets section to a new Bank C, to make more room in Bank B for future amp/preset expansion and also inclide the TonePack Samplers in Bank B.
  • Fractal artist Larry Mitchell has generously submitted a great Strat preset under the Other Makers preset section — thanks Larry!
@austinbuddy you made my day. You know how i love your presets, but now that i updated to FW11 ..... wow.. i've no words. @FractalAudio this firmware it's like to be in heaven. It's alive.. the guitar sound has a new breath. thank you all, Austinbuddy and Fractal!!

Roll back to 11.1 and see if there are still issues? The Hiwatt speaker impedance was only issue I has aware of.

Unless you are a doing beta testing yourself and reporting bugs, I do advise you guys NOT to use a public BETA firmware release with the Naked Amps presets; just use once the firmware is a public final...stuff happens with bugs and that is why it is released as a BETA...
Just bought and downloaded in the interim of sale. How to roll back to public final 11.1 instead of the current version beta on my rig Fx3?... You alerted repeatedly BETA version will not properly work, which I'm afraid since I am novice at all.

Just bought and downloaded in the interim of sale. How to roll back to public final 11.1 instead of the current version beta on my rig Fx3?... You alerted repeatedly BETA version will not properly work, which I'm afraid since I am novice at all.
Steps:
  1. Do a complete backup (goes faster if unit is on an <EMPTY> preset).
  2. Install older firmware.
  3. Power down unit when instructed.
  4. Consume chosen beverage of successful completion.

I guess none of this matters if it’s just buggy because of the beta...but what was happening on mine with beta 4 (or whatever the latest was) was that parameters like input boost, bright switch, saturation switch, etc. were being assigned to a foot switch - signified by the yellow dot beneath it...and wouldn’t allow you to toggle it on/off with Axe Edit. Once I right clicked on the ones with the yellow dot and changed the “assignment” to “none,” the presets started making sense.

I’m new to the presets, but I don’t think they were designed with input boost and and saturation ideal on to be engaged. Maybe I’m wrong. I still need to go back to 11.01 to see if that’s the case.

Back
Top Bottom