One Mann's Journey for EPIC tones!

Well done! Love the playing, love the humor, and the production is stellar. No simple task that is for sure!

Bravo!!!!

Well done! Love the playing, love the humor, and the production is stellar. No simple task that is for sure!

Bravo!!!!
Thanks & I added the beard jokes based on the great AX8 thread about not shaving too.

It was a lot of fun making this video & an uphill battle due to several non-important issues now. Lol

The biggest issue besides getting long clean solo takes audio & video wise.....well....it was using Garage Band as my DAW since my Pro-Tools is down due to the stupid El Captain update on my Mac.

I'll post more funny stories tomorrow & I need some sleep since its 3:13am now.

Thx again! X

Nice job X-Man! It's kind of sad you are going to let this thread fade away. It was one of the few I enjoy seeing at the top of the list. Looking forward to getting into the AX-8 with you when it arrives.

Nice job X-Man! It's kind of sad you are going to let this thread fade away. It was one of the few I enjoy seeing at the top of the list. Looking forward to getting into the AX-8 with you when it arrives.
Never say never & it doesn't take much to keep me going here either.

I've got some great behind the scenes (aka The Making of) stories from the past 6 days too if you guys want to hear them? :eek:

I love this product & will be doing more videos of it & the AX8 when it arrives.

More to follow & this thread ain't dead yet!

Peace! X

Oh & WorshipGuy, "Grow a Beard"! :mad::p

Never say never & it doesn't take much to keep me going here either.

I've got some great behind the scenes (aka The Making of) stories from the past 6 days too if you guys want to hear them? :eek:

I love this product & will be doing more videos of it & the AX8 when it arrives.

More to follow & this thread ain't dead yet!

Peace! X

Oh & WorshipGuy, "Grow a Beard"! :mad::p
Looking forward to it. I can't do the beard. The "Man" won't appreciate it. If you know what I mean. My wife does trim the back hair from time to time. I can let that go. Believe me it would be a sacrifice. lol

Looking forward to it. I can't do the beard. The "Man" won't appreciate it. If you know what I mean. My wife does trim the back hair from time to time. I can let that go. Believe me it would be a sacrifice. lol
Lol.....& Yuk! :eek::p

So....Here's a kind of funny story about the Walking Dead video part & the voices for Daryl & Rick. My impressions are very weak at best, but I love this show & really wanted to get in the "Beard" joke.

I shot several different takes trying to do two totally different voices......& failed BAD!!! I ended up putting a vocal effect on each voice & taking Daryl's voice up an octave & Ricks down an octave.

I was laughing SO HARD about the beard thing & stayed-up until 3am trying to get all of this right & just perfect! :D

X

Hi guys, I am planning to buy a second Friedman ASM-12 or maybe ASC-12 to stack the one on another.. The reason for that is I do not want to push single monitor that much, it is now cranked all the way before clipping occurs while using very heavy palm muting. I have read somewhere on forum that you have to put those two monitors in reasonable distance between each other to not get a feedback. As we don´t have enough space in rehearsal room, I have to really stack them.. Do you think I will get a feedback in this scenario ?.. sorry for my english and thanks in advance.. rock on /,,/
I’ve never had an issue w/ volume or feedback from even one ASM-12, yet alone 2 of them.

I used 2 in Stereo at gigs for a short time & only stopped due the hassle of bringing 2 - 52lb FRFR speakers was a total P.I.T.A.! :eek:

These ASM-12 speakers are meant for personal monitoring in my eyes fornthe most part. You use them on stage or in your practice facility & then also run a direct-out to the PA for a FOH mix.

The ASM’s are SO LOUD though & I can’t see them not getting loud enough for even the loudest bands. Do use use the noise gate correctly in your presets? There should be no feedback at all.

If you are having an issue being heard w/ 1 FRFR cabinet, I don’t think adding a 2nd one is your fix?

Do you have a 2nd guitar player using a traditional tube amp that you are comepteing w/ volume wise? This is most likely the issue in my eyes & needs to be fixed w/ bumping the kids on your presets.

I wish you luck either way here. ;)

Peace! X

I’ve never had an issue w/ volume or feedback from even one ASM-12, yet alone 2 of them.

I used 2 in Stereo at gigs for a short time & only stopped due the hassle of bringing 2 - 52lb FRFR speakers was a total P.I.T.A.! :eek:

These ASM-12 speakers are meant for personal monitoring in my eyes fornthe most part. You use them on stage or in your practice facility & then also run a direct-out to the PA for a FOH mix.

The ASM’s are SO LOUD though & I can’t see them not getting loud enough for even the loudest bands. Do use use the noise gate correctly in your presets? There should be no feedback at all.

If you are having an issue being heard w/ 1 FRFR cabinet, I don’t think adding a 2nd one is your fix?

Do you have a 2nd guitar player using a traditional tube amp that you are comepteing w/ volume wise? This is most likely the issue in my eyes & needs to be fixed w/ bumping the kids on your presets.

I wish you luck either way here. ;)

Peace! X
I am using Atomica High with saturation on 10, input gain on 5,5, alnico II really low output pickups, but the feedback from the guitar is not a problem at all.
I mean that maybe 2 friedmans can get in feedback when they are close to each other.
The biggest problem is volume output though.
The other guitarist is playing through Marshall jcm 800 Kerry King sig. amp with KT88 and orange 4x12 with Celestion GK100. (maybe that is why my volume is not enough). He has his master volume from 0-10 range below 3, input gain on 6.
My Friedman asm output knob is set below 6, ax8 out1 knob fully open, VU meter around 0db, when palm muting it can get around +3db.
It is right at the treshold, any db added and my friedman is going to clip, not clip just once in a while, but maybe every 3 seconds while playing.

I am using Atomica High with saturation on 10, input gain on 5,5, alnico II really low output pickups, but the feedback from the guitar is not a problem at all.
I mean that maybe 2 friedmans can get in feedback when they are close to each other.
The biggest problem is volume output though.
The other guitarist is playing through Marshall jcm 800 Kerry King sig. amp with KT88 and orange 4x12 with Celestion GK100. (maybe that is why my volume is not enough). He has his master volume from 0-10 range below 3, input gain on 6.
My Friedman asm output knob is set below 6, ax8 out1 knob fully open, VU meter around 0db, when palm muting it can get around +3db.
It is right at the treshold, any db added and my friedman is going to clip, not clip just once in a while, but maybe every 3 seconds while playing.
Playing a digital guitar rig against a tube amp is always a difficult thing & just as I suspected here.

You are trying to make a monitor system an amplifier in my eyes. Tube amps cut in a different way then a digital rig. While volume may be part of this equation, I think it frequency’s or a different can IR’s that you need to look into.

Sometimes the best guitar tones don’t sound as good alone as they do in the mix.

I wish you luck & possibly a fresh/new thread on this is the way to go here? Put a subject line in that states your issue & more guys will see it & respond to you.

That’s been my experience & I moved to a tube amp w/ the Fractal FX8 as my gig rig for bands.

I use my AX8 at practice’s & small gigs with a good PA.

The Friedman volume tapper is not even either! At noon you are NOT at 1/2 volume at all. There a lot of volume left after the 2 O’Clock position. FWIW

X

Thank you for your reply, I am using Ownhammer F-man pack, which is basically friedman BE 4x12 IRs.
Using combination of all speakers, it is really the best sound I heard ever (I owned Mesa road king II head, Diezel Herbert and few other great amps in a past) and this Atomica with Friedman cab cuts through mix like a knife, really.
The clarity, punch, everything is there, just really not enough volume, I am starting to think that there will be no other option but to buy Friedman BE 50 or 100w head and exchange the AX8 for FX8.
Will post a new thread about this, thanks for suggestion :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom