Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
1.04 (and previous versions for that matter) have been working very well for me so far, thumbs up!
I've been using the iOS version with a Yamaha MD-BT01 with both an axe-fx II & ax8.
Only time I've had any issue is when I've been also editing with axe-edit open at same time, which probably is a no-no, and that has led to some weird x/y state misreporting.

Was thinking about some request stuff for new versions.
1) A performance "pedalboard" mode that can sort of act like a touch virtual MFC. So one could set the screen to show giant scene & FX switches. Also would be great if the size was customizable so you could have a virtual foot controller with as many rows/columns of switches as one desired.
2) A way to turn metronome on/off. Bonus points if you can figure out how to control its volume as well ;-)
I was referring to the experience of @LogicVG, I guess I read correctly.

He said something wrong, refer to what i said. Md-bt01 can't work with AX8 because ax8 midi ports don't answer to sysex requests.

I didn't see any "no no" answer to his post saying it can't worked with the MD, but now I know.

I just bought your editor and the UDBT01 to use with the AX8. I am just waiting for the bluetooth adapter to arrive and I am looking forward to trying it! I was wondering if anyone knows of a small battery powered option to be able to provide power to the UDBT01? It would be great not to have to run an additional power cord, I already purchased a custom loom.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm having difficulties to spread the information on FracPad,
each time i share a new video or post on this subject i discover new users that never heard about it.

What would be the best way to advertise on it ?
Any forums/ webzines i could contact ?

I'm having difficulties to spread the information on FracPad,
each time i share a new video or post on this subject i discover new users that never heard about it.

What would be the best way to advertise on it ?
Any forums/ webzines i could contact ?

Al, I fear there's no way to rule them all. You have no influence on where people look for information and where they start discussions. Our mods could help by providing a sticky thread but since this hasn't happened for fractool either and it's not FAS provided software I guess spreading the news across this forum and its neighbourhood is the only way.

Al, I fear there's no way to rule them all. You have no influence on where people look for information and where they start discussions. Our mods could help by providing a sticky thread but since this hasn't happened for fractool either and it's not FAS provided software I guess spreading the news across this forum and its neighbourhood is the only way.
I guess a lot of AxeFx/AX8 users don't follow this forum so maybe a more general guitar-related forum or webzine ?

It would be pretty cool if you would document in a video the process of tweaking guitar sound wirelessly from FOH at a sound check. That could possibly generate some new interest on YouTube

Back
Top Bottom