TAF "The Legends" UltraRes IR OUT NOW!

Here's what it looks like once you choose a specific cab:

It's akin to the Redwirez way of organizing IRs. Except you don't have sub-groups for every different mic. You can see all the mic-configurations at once.

The file structure is: THEAMPFACTORY Folder

-> IR (Cab Lab Format)
-> IR Files -> Cabs (including room IRs)

-> Sysex
-> UltraRes II -> Cabs (including mix+room IRs)
-> UltraRes XL -> Cabs (including mix+room IRs)

Are the II different from XL ?...thought it was the same.

Are the II different from XL ?...thought it was the same.

Sound wise they are same but there is an extra bit in the XL files...

Here is the quote from Cliff:
"The XL has a different Sysex ID. Also, since the XL has more user cab slots, there is one additional byte for the target location."

Sound wise they are same but there is an extra bit in the XL files...

Here is the quote from Cliff:
"The XL has a different Sysex ID. Also, since the XL has more user cab slots, there is one additional byte for the target location."

Ahhh...thanks for clarifying :)

cheers

Tried to buy and I'm getting "Payment status is Pending" on my purchase history page and no download link. Bought it through PayPal and it says "Completed" on that end. Anyone else have this problem?

What is the difference between the "MIX" and the "MIX_ROOM" IRs? are the "MIX_ROOM" IRs a mix of the "MIX" and the "ROOMMICS" or just a mix of the "ROOMMICS?" I imagine this is documented?

How do these compare to RedWirez? Will there be .wav versions available for those of us using convolution plugins in a DAW?

These are exceptional IR's and I recommend you go to the "Start Here" folder and try the mix versions FIRST. Personally, I didn't need to go further; they are all excellent and mix ready for live or studio work.

Along with the Own Hammer Ultra Res pack, these are on the same 'mix ready' professional quality and Andy has done stellar work. There is some cross over in terms of similar speaker/cabs with the Own Hammer; but if you like chocolate ice cream... they are different flavors of chocolate ice cream. I LOVE chocolate ice cream... and I love IR's.

Great work Andy. Highly recommended.

Initial impressions are good, though a little underwhelmed for the money. Very very professional and expertly mixed. No doubt that there's value in that. I do like that each cab is unique and they all sound very good but my $100 went quite a bit further with another pack that had extensive modern and vintage speakers in much greater quantity. What you see is what you get in terms of the cabs. The mixes are good. I'm not much for the Mix+room sound. What is interesting is the premixed variations of these cabs. For example: Fender+Marshall mix etc in almost every variation you can think of. I'll be diving into that.

The majority of the 700 IR pack is individual mics and since I'm not an engineer/not-interested in going down that mixing rabbit hole, I have no use for these and I imagine the average user doesn't either. Take my input for what it's worth. Again, it's good but not a game changer and if you haven't go the other ultra rez cabs yet, the money goes much further with that pack in terms of variety of pre-mixed options to play with that IMO, sound equally as good while covering a MUCH greater variety of sounds.

EDIT: To echo what Scott said above, I feel my underwhelmed feeling could have additionally been affected by aforementioned the similar speaker cross-over.

Last edited:
just bought and downloaded.
can't wait for the weekend to try them out..
(o/t) if v14 were to also drop this weekend, that would really be the best! (o/t)

Ordered. Waiting for the email. My instant gratification factor is low. :(

Ah well, I'll just rock my face off for an hour or so and check my mail again. :)

Back
Top Bottom