Post Your Rig!

Here's mine:

Axe_FXII_6u_Rack_1978_700.jpg

Atomic_CLR_wedges_1979_700.jpg

The 6U rack case, fully loaded, is backbreakingly heavy, so I'm going to downsize to a 4U SKB and mount the interface panel at the rear. (Those dangly cables bug me, lol)

Or throw out the rack power supply and empty panel.
Interface + Axe-Fx + Wireless ....

Or throw out the rack power supply and empty panel.
Interface + Axe-Fx + Wireless ....

The empty 6U case alone weighs far too much, so a SKB will lop kilos off the total weight. Power conditioner stays - I play some dodgy places - and there's loads of room at the back for the I/O panel. I tell you, I don't like all those dangly cables being visible! :mrgreen

Gibertoni - I have virtually the same gear - replace the RJM with Switchblade, different pedals - how do you use that - Mark with the Axe, separate wet/dry, 4CM or what? Great looking setup.

Gibertoni - I have virtually the same gear - replace the RJM with Switchblade, different pedals - how do you use that - Mark with the Axe, separate wet/dry, 4CM or what? Great looking setup.

Thanks MikeDV. Actually, according to AxeFx preset and RJM loops, I can use the rig in three different modes:
1. only AxeFX with the Matrix;
2. AxeFX and MarkV wired in 4CM;
3. W/D/W MarkV dry signal to 2x12 cab and SlaveOut returning AxeFx/Matrix (wet). I have two others handmade 1x12 cabs that do not appear in the photo.

Recently I ordered one 1x12 Xitone, and if I like the result, I intend to buy another to replace handmades.

Last edited:
Ok, this looks messy as hell, but this was the first time I had the option to try a stereo FRFR setup (active CLR and my 'old' active Reactor FR).

...oh joy of joys. :D

1604661_10152155447957480_1477582092_n.jpg

Not pictured is my MFC and accompanying Mission SP-1 pedal (or the rest of my guitars neatly put in a standard), those are in the bags/cases lying around, but you get the idea.

Here is my updated projected live rig.

I ordered a Pulse Stackable ABS 19" Rackmount Flight Case - 8RU | ABS-8U (ABS8U) | Pulse and a panel from Hans at Vafam!

The space above the panel is a 1u rack drawer which i have not purchased yet.

I am thinking about this one... 1U Rack Drawer w 2 Slam Locks Audio 19" Rack Mount | eBay

I chose this case because it was the cheapest and lightest I could find. 14-15lbs... which is 1/2 the weight of a 3/4 plywood style ATA case.

More pics when I get everything racked up!

Here is my updated projected live rig.

I ordered a Pulse Stackable ABS 19" Rackmount Flight Case - 8RU | ABS-8U (ABS8U) | Pulse and a panel from Hans at Vafam!

The space above the panel is a 1u rack drawer which i have not purchased yet.

I am thinking about this one... 1U Rack Drawer w 2 Slam Locks Audio 19" Rack Mount | eBay

I chose this case because it was the cheapest and lightest I could find. 14-15lbs... which is 1/2 the weight of a 3/4 plywood style ATA case.

More pics when I get everything racked up!

Hey boogieman75 - great setup! I would love to chat about how you incorporate your voicelive rack - I have one and I also just got the VoiceLive 3 pedal....

Hey boogieman75 - great setup! I would love to chat about how you incorporate your voicelive rack - I have one and I also just got the VoiceLive 3 pedal....

Hi Dukemcrae! Thanks! I was using the vocalist live 3 prior with this rig, (still use it for acoustic shows) but it was a pain to setup, no midi or ext switching, multiple cable runs etc...so I invested in the Voicelive rack (Thanks Chris@Katsukuri) :) and a wireless mic.

I send a feed from AXE output 1 1/4" out to the harmonizer so it receives my chord changes for the harmonies. So my main guitar signal is not passing through the harmonizer, just sending the chord changes. Then I use the MFC buttons 1-4 to control the harmonies on the voicelive rack via midi thru from the the AXE. Everything is contained so when I show up to the gig, I plug my guitar line AXE(output 1 - XLR) and Mic line (voicelive rack - XLR) to our FOH. I plug my output 2 into the atomic CLR, and control everything from the MFC...I have never been happier with my rig setup. Simple! And setup time is less than 10mins tops!

Roadrunner,

Thanks. It was fun to build the board. So first, I'm a total bedroom player. I travel too much with my "day job" to gig or be in a band...its been a LONG time since I was in a band. So for me it is just fun and an escape. It is a fun rig but probably not very practical to lug around to gigs. The Hafler is great. It s very heavy though. I'd love a Matrix at some point...but for now (and since I don't gig) it is really good...very transparent.

Under the Pedals is a Rocktron midi Patchmate. And yes...it is for the rack mounted pedals.

I'm using the EXT4MFC for 4 Scenes. Its great....nice product!

For the Midiboards...the MFC is obviously for all the AXE stuff....love it! The Liquid foot JR is use 6 of the switches as IAs to activate the Pedals in the Rack (through the Patchmate). The two on the far left of the Jr I use to activate some AXE FX effects for a Expression pedal that is off to the left (not shown in the picture)...usually a Whammy effect and a Talk Box effect type effect. The tow switch on that Expression pedal activates the Wah. So it allows me to use one expression for a Whammy, Wah, and Talk box.

The Board on the right has two Mission TT switches on it. I use the one on the far right to activate the MXR EVH Flanger in the Rack (love that flanger!) The one on the left I use for boost in the AXE FXii. The Expression on the left I use for Volume...the toe switch on it activates a multi delay in the AXE that I use for Volume Swells. The Expression on the right is used for various things on different patches.

Thats about it....there is also a EVH Wah on the left side that is also not show in the picture.

Its fun. Thank you for your nice comment.

Hope that answers your questions.

Blue Skies,
Rob

VERY nice rig!
What is the piece under the pedals, is it a switcher for the pedals?
How is that hafler amp?
How do you use thhe EXT4MFC?
And last one, can you tell a little about the pedalboard, how do you use to MIDIboards? and i also see many other swichers on the right pedalboard...

20140205_Rack.jpg

I just purchased this 12 space road case and transferred my gear into it. I'm still wiring it in the back. The bottom 2 space will have a blank in the front and I can slide my liquid foot and expression pedal in there. I wrap the controller in bubble wrap with a tight fit.

Any idea how much their VAFAM Axe-FX panels are? I couldn't find a price or a way to purchase on their website. I noticed that they had a custom Axe-FX VG-99 one that would be perfect for me.
I'm concerned about locking connectors such as the 1/4" inputs. You could end up pulling your whole rig over! Be fine for sending to a wireless though

Here is my new creation with my new active CLR wedge.
jyzu7u5e.jpg
zu2e9ete.jpg

Maybe it looks a bit like wall.E but it works so easy now with my band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea how much their VAFAM Axe-FX panels are? I couldn't find a price or a way to purchase on their website. I noticed that they had a custom Axe-FX VG-99 one that would be perfect for me.
I'm concerned about locking connectors such as the 1/4" inputs. You could end up pulling your whole rig over! Be fine for sending to a wireless though

It's going to depend on your configuration. The one I had built was just under $200 for a 16 hole pannel with all the connections that I wanted. I just called and Hans picked up the phone so I spoke with him personally ironed out the details and the rest is history.

Back
Top Bottom