Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 12.04 Public Beta

Double-clicking Bypass resets all the amp parameters to default, including the advanced parameters and the standard parameters such as gain, treble, middle, bass. I prefer to "reset" the amp by temporarily choosing a different amp model and then setting it back to my original model. This resets only the advanced parameters. It leaves gain, treble, middle, bass, etc. as they were.

Terry.

thats quite innovative, Terry. so it appears if i like say the "Warm Leggy" preset w/ 12.03, i will essentially lose that distinct sound when i 'reset the amp block', as the new definitions take over, and the old is in the past and done with? would taking screenshots of the block parameters be a help to try to copy later? like i mentioned earlier, this could really be a chore dealing w/ over a 100 old presets (from 12.03) just having a hard time wrapping my mind around the "amp reset" thing
there's got to be a more humane way to do this, right?.....:nightmare:

Different firmware means different sound. If we just treated it like that the decisions would be much easier and clearer.

If you need your current sound don't update. If you can spend some time changing things, go for it.

For me though, the latest updates have not needed much and sometimes no tweaking.

thanks Chris- i just need to understand the differences that an update brings to the table whilst i am already attached to a patch's particular sound. when they change, some patches are so compelling, its like losing a good friend!

will try to figure out how to do an 'amp reset' (maybe a dedicated button in Axe-Edit, to address this in a future update?)

will try to figure out how to do an 'amp reset' (maybe a dedicated button in Axe-Edit, to address this in a future update?)
believe it or not, there actually is...: double click bypass or select another amp model and re-select the one you were on.

Just a quick note to say how great the new firmware is: it's pretty, pretty great.

I had the chance to play the latest firmware in a band situation today for the first time and had an awesome experience. The ease of finding great tones is amazing. I re-worked a bunch of patches with some mixes of the latest OwnHammer cabs - and bumped up the LF Res - and tweaked them via headphones. Everything translated great to gig volume. The amps were so open and alive it was tons of fun playing. Had fun with patches using the BE, 800 Mod, Div13/CJ, Morgan AC20, Princeton. Really, really great stuff.

The clean/breakup tones were really snappy and immediate - better than ever. It's just amazing how far the platform has come. In the past, we'd get drawn into some deep advanced parameters to try to bring forth the mojo, but now it's just dial in your master/gain, pick a good cab IR and go. The tone controls really hold together - spinning the knob shapes your tone, but it doesn't cause it to fall apart. That feeling of the sound enveloping you that people have spoken of was there. I feel we've definitely hit the tipping point where it is harder to dial up a bad tone than a good one.

Bravo Cliff and team!

Following up:

Set up an X/Y with X using KT66 and transformer match at .43 (not power tube bias), and Y with the EL34 and match at just 1.000. Set input trim a little higher to keep the same amount of but more treble for both states.

The KT66 is so much nicer (fuller and clearer).

Changed a JTM45 patched (jumped version) to KT66 with power tube bias at 0.43, and I like it. Need to spend time tomorrow with the monitors cranked and with the amp model gain dimed.

in regards to setting up X/Y: I tried so yesterday, and when I go to the Y tab in the Amp Block, I'd expect what's in X, but I get a Bassman with all controls turned to zero on the main, and for instance the low cut maxed out in the power section.

That doesn't seem normal. Well, not certainly not efficient.

Jan

Yes that can happen. Just reset the block (doubleclick Bypass) to set the Y controls to default.
As a matter of fact, I always start off resetting a Block (both X and Y) before dialing in an effect.

double click didn't work for me to copy it had to right click for the copy menu

You've got some reading to do... ;)

There's the hardware and there's the software. Double-clicking X or Y on the hardware (front panel), while editing a block, will offer you the choice of copying X to Y, or vice versa.

It would be nice if changing the tube type automatically changed the transformer match to the "ideal" settings.

It would be nice if changing the tube type automatically changed the transformer match to the "ideal" settings.
settings discussed here are not ideal at all. it's what happens if you change tubes in real life and don't adjust a few important things afterwards. however, sometimes those mismatches can yield good results. the way Cliff implemented "tube changes" results in all perfect and how it should be.

wow ...I haven't played my 7 string sine I loaded 12.04B
Diezel herbert channel 2+ is suddenly sounding really,really good.
Stays nice and tight on the low stuff but doesn't thin out on the high stuff.
this model just moved way up my list for metal patches.

Back
Top Bottom