Clark Kent's Gift to Mankind

Clark should we add mics or are they baked in so to speak? So far I dig it both ways but a bit dark which I have compensated for with other parameters. Thanks.

Mics are baked in. Actually I don't understand how you could not bake in mics when capturing a cab sound with a mic. :)

Is it possible to extract the mic's signature IR curve from the cabinet+mic captured Ir? I'm just guessing but it seems to me that most mic's have documented curves, couldn't you just subtract it to end up with a Cabinet only IR?
Or am I just dreaming?

Sure man! My IR is brighter/more agressive. The original IR maybe fits the song better... or maybe lowering the presence for my IR would've made them sound pretty much the same. What's the IR in your original clip?

Clark! I wrote some new stuff today and here you can listen my demo song, that i got together. Guess what IR the rhythm guitars have. ;) BTW the original clip had your OH Mesa recipe Cab + Silent underground studios 4x12 Vin30 MIX_EQ Cab.

Mics are baked in. Actually I don't understand how you could not bake in mics when capturing a cab sound with a mic. :)

I was thinking the same thing, but no doubt the ones NOT baked in often sound better with em (built in cabs in axe other than mixes)

Clark! I wrote some new stuff today and here you can listen my demo song, that i got together. Guess what IR the rhythm guitars have. ;) BTW the original clip had your OH Mesa recipe Cab + Silent underground studios 4x12 Vin30 MIX_EQ Cab.

Oh my.. that sound badass!! Is it just because it's my IR or does that sound like perfection to all of you guys? :D

Yes but what "position" does this none-mic have? :)

Ha I don't know. I have only been calculating acoustics on truck silencers but figured that it would be possible to do the same thing as when measuring the silencers.
Normally, "flat" measuring microphones are used and the small deviation from "flattness" regarding amplitude and phase can be corrected for, so I thought the same principle could be used here.

Yeah I know man. Like... first you get the mic character from an extremely flat source so you know the spectrum of the mic and then you can use that information to get the character out. The only problem is that mic position changes tone. So even if you do this you will still be left with the "placement" of the original mic. :) However it is I don't remember ever using the mic simulations on my Axe-Fx Standard, Ultra or II. :D

Ha I don't know. I have only been calculating acoustics on truck silencers but figured that it would be possible to do the same thing as when measuring the silencers.
Normally, "flat" measuring microphones are used and the small deviation from "flattness" regarding amplitude and phase can be corrected for, so I thought the same principle could be used here.

What method are you using to make these corrections?

Oh my.. that sound badass!! Is it just because it's my IR or does that sound like perfection to all of you guys? :D
Hey Clark ! Thanks for the gift !
Just to be clear, i think it's not perfect for everyone ;) My axefx must have something weird, or my ears, because i find your IR is very frequency-restrained, and it sounds very small on my setup.
No bass at all, like i'm playing in a phone speaker... I tried different guitars and always the same problem...

Back
Top Bottom