Strymon BigSky style verb!?

first example: (0:10-0:45) i only know it from the video but it should be "lift trails" if i see right. there are also a few hints about the settings but i just can't get it right...

third example: (1:20-2:00) should be "floating notes"

:)

Yeah, I messed with it last night. multidelay into a reverb for sure, but I haven't been able to get the same highend from it.

I think the modulation is the key. Apparently it uses a quadrature oscillator (I think that means it has 2 outputs 90 degrees out of phase with each other).

Here is the blurb on the modulation:
From min to 2:00, the Modulation knob adjusts the amount of modulation (developed by a quadrature
oscillator at a frequency harmonious to the Cloud generator) that is applied to the input diffusor
sections. Past 2:00, the frequency of the quadrature oscillators is increased.

so diffusor - chorus - reverb perhaps.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips, Java. I try to avoid shelling out money on stomp boxes whenever possible.

Yeah, I messed with it last night. multidelay into a reverb for sure, but I haven't been able to get the same highend from it.

I think the modulation is the key. Apparently it uses a quadrature oscillator (I think that means it has 2 outputs 90 degrees out of phase with each other).

Here is the blurb on the modulation:
From min to 2:00, the Modulation knob adjusts the amount of modulation (developed by a quadrature
oscillator at a frequency harmonious to the Cloud generator) that is applied to the input diffusor
sections. Past 2:00, the frequency of the quadrature oscillators is increased.

so diffusor - chorus - reverb perhaps.

You know what would be cool? This: if the AxeFx II could serve as a computing platform for third-party developers to offer processing modules. Possibly, folks like Strymon might offer a Big Sky module for the AF2 allowing it to be integrated and automated into patches as opposed to use as an outboard effect. Obviously there would have to be engineering changes to the AF2 (maybe for the AF3?) as well as licensing issues dealt with but, hey, wouldn't that be cool?

Java, your sounds are really good. Would you be willing to share the patches or more details on how I might recreate those sounds? (I got so caught up in my 3rd party developer idea that I neglected to let you know how nicely you recreated the Strymon efx!)

Java, your sounds are really good. Would you be willing to share the patches or more details on how I might recreate those sounds? (I got so caught up in my 3rd party developer idea that I neglected to let you know how nicely you recreated the Strymon efx!)

I will share them all and explain how I got them. I want to dial a couple of thing in and find a replacement for the cabs I used (they are ownhammer user cabs)

Okay,

So to get these patches I either used one or 2 diffusers with short delay times to simulate early reflections and input diffusion.
Then I went to a chorus with a sine waveform and an LFO phase of 90%. I used a mix of 100%, but 50% is good too.
Reverb any big reverb will do just adjust the time and color to taste. up the predelay to 120-200ms or so. Take the early level down all the way.
I turned off input diffusion, but having it there isn't bad.

turning up the mod depth can be cool too.

I'll post these to axechange a bit later
http://javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/JavaShivaCloud1v12.syx
http://javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/JavaShivaCloud2v12.syx
http://javajunkiemusic.com/Audio/JavaShivaCloud3v12.syx

Java thanks for your beautiful presets... and your explainitions as well!!!

What cabs were used in the recordings?

Back
Top Bottom