PETE THORN AXE-FX II PRESETS AND CAB IR!

I did this simple clip using the SL68:

I did change the cab to a Redwirez 4x12 G12M25 cab that I have mixed. It was a close call between the original and that one though.

Thanks so much Pete! I've been waiting for new videos on YouTube. :)

Pete ..., any more thought given to putting together an IR pack for sale ? Everyone loves your stuff ! I would think that bottling the sound of your studio with all your expertise in mic'ing cabs / speakers would be an immediate hit ? NO ?

Still thinking about it, seriously considering it! Just back in my studio now and getting back to work.... we will see what 2014 brings, but the IR collection seems like a fun no-brainer project that I should really do!

Can Pete's preset be loaded in FW ver13? I managed to get it to show up in preset 351, I used bot to load the syx. file, and i'm not sure what to do with the cab file. There is no sound on the preset at the moment.Do I load it into 351 as well? Sorry for the ignorance this is my first time uploading IRs or anything like that. Just a little unsure what steps to get cab loaded. There is a procedure that I am using, but the cab part is a little unclear. Fractal Bot doesn't seem to take me to user cab section. Thanks in advance. Sorry for hijacking thread.;)

Still thinking about it, seriously considering it! Just back in my studio now and getting back to work.... we will see what 2014 brings, but the IR collection seems like a fun no-brainer project that I should really do!

And with Cliff/Fractal now offering to sell high quality Ultra Res Cab Packs through their online store (http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...er-two-rock-matrix-marshall-2.html#post992439) it seems like a fun no-brainer project that I (and many others) would buy the fruits of the labour of :)

Can Pete's preset be loaded in FW ver13? I managed to get it to show up in preset 351, I used bot to load the syx. file, and i'm not sure what to do with the cab file. There is no sound on the preset at the moment.Do I load it into 351 as well? Sorry for the ignorance this is my first time uploading IRs or anything like that. Just a little unsure what steps to get cab loaded. There is a procedure that I am using, but the cab part is a little unclear. Fractal Bot doesn't seem to take me to user cab section. Thanks in advance. Sorry for hijacking thread.;)

It’s probably easier to use Axe Edit 3.0.5. In the Tools menu, there’s Axe Manage for Cabs. Right click on an empty spot and select import. Haven’t tried it and you’re supposed to be able to to drag and drop a IR (such as Pete’s IR) when Axe Manage for Cabs are open. There’s nothing special in terms of formatting or anything with Pete’s IR. They can be imported just like any other IR in any firmware. The different thing in firmware 13 is the support for the UltraRes IRs, but it doesn’t affect the support for any other IR.

Look the cab block and see what user cab ( surly empty ) is involved ... Then if you agree with that number you have 2 ways ...

1. Open cab manager in axe edit in tools if I remember well ... Then search for the PT ir and drag and drop this ir in the cab manager ... Choose the user cab slot involved in the preset or just another one you like then come back to the cab and select this slot ...

2. Fractal bot send chose the PT ir then send ... A pop up windows opens asking which user slot you want to overwrite ... Simple as that

Then close Axe Edit and open again ... Magic append and the PT ir is there !!

Actually if you want , you can refresh the cabs definition in preferences and skip the off/on thing

Hope I could help you with my poor English

I use PT's ir in all my patches (non ultra res). I really hope this can come as a UR. I need the mids and treble from this cab mixed in to get my sound. I'll buy it from you Pete. As it is now i prefer to stay on the good old stereo normal res ir's i've used the whole time..

I LOVE the Pete Thorn ir also, would love to see the Ultra Res version, I'd be willing to pay for it too. Maybe its long enough to use Cab-Lab to update to Ultra we'll see I guess. Maybe someone who knows if it's long enough could chime in. Thanks

I don't remember but I'm pretty sure that at the time was shared only the sysex file by fractal and PT ... 2 preset and one Ir ... So nobody have the Wave to look at ... Sure Fas or PT are so kind and jump in the thread to let us know if it's possible

I saw your comments on v13 and Ownhammer UltraRes over @ TGP ..., I'm really happy to hear you're digging it !

I'm curious if you've re-shot an UltraRes IR of your studio chain ? And if you'd did, do you still feel the Ownhammer's are as good as your own ?

I'm not trying to throw water on the Ownhammers at all ! Rather, I'm just curious if maybe it's the UltraRes improvements that you're hearing ?

Last edited:
Hi guys- I did the IR using the Axe, I assume it's not "Ultrares" and I'd need to do it again. Which is no biggie. In order to make an Ultrares IR, I'd need the new Cablab, once it's out, am I correct? Or can I just make it in the AxeFX2?

Glad you guys dig the IR so much :)

Pete

I Pete , you don t need cablab , you can shout an Ir Ultrares sinc fw 13xx .

Hi guys- I did the IR using the Axe, I assume it's not "Ultrares" and I'd need to do it again. Which is no biggie. In order to make an Ultrares IR, I'd need the new Cablab, once it's out, am I correct? Or can I just make it in the AxeFX2?

Pete

Pete

Hi Pete, not only the Cab, the whole two Presets from you were awesome! Unfortunately the TMA seems not working anymore on higher FW ... so ...ehhh ... if you would redo TMA/capturing the Suhr Plexi and the Friedeman BE.... would be awesome!

FYI: When Global -> IR Capture = UltraRes and TMA is in "LIVE" Mode, both - TMA and IR Capturing could be made / exported to Ultra Res Format within the Axe-Fx.

Pete

Thanks. Really looking forward to this. It made the difference in all my patches... :D

Last edited:
Pete - your patch and IR were a big hit at a friend's studio I played in last night. Thanks!

Is Guitar Nerd II on the horizon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom