PETE THORN AXE-FX II PRESETS AND CAB IR!

Ok, came back from holiday....finally possible to upload this patch and.......O-M-G!!!
This sounds awesome, fat, punchy, like a real amp in the room, not heard before from the Axe to be honest.
Cannot wait to try it in rehearsal with my band, but I guess I blow them away.
Many, many thanks Pete. This sound will be a reference for my other sounds I'm gonna create.
I'm really gonna dig the way you created and tweaked this one!

(And afaik you dialed it in with a single coil? Well my Gibson LP wit Humbeukers loves the patch I can tell you!)

I believe Pete used humbuckers for these patches. They work extremely well with my Les Paul, but not as much with my Strat. I've found it works best to make presets for each guitar for most anything I've done with the Axe, save for a couple that seem to be fairly close.

From the release notes: "When dialing in these patches, I used my Suhr T with mahogany body and neck and maple top, loaded with SSV humbuckers (PAF output)"

Anyone who has converted Pete´s cab ir to gen 1? I´ve tryed downloading it and used axeomatic but I didn´t get it to work...

What is the logic behind that. Thought TM should replace the cab blocks. Many use both at the same time?
i don't think the tonematch and cab blocks were meant to be mutually exclusive.
when it was first introduced, there were instruction videos from different users showing you can tonematch with or without the cab.

Shooting an IR of the real cab and having it in the preset when tone-matching allows you to isolate the amp tone. This way you can combine the Amp block plus TM block with different Cab blocks if desired.

1st time I've had to try these.

Absolutely loved (one of) them. The BE100 was my go to. I used it with a 59' reish LP. It is CRISPY, but still fluid enough to 'feel 'tubes in the playing (sloppy beware.) As with all of these things, adjustments to be made, so I had to tame highs, and I think Pete's Strat needed the lows when he tonematched, so I had to dial out some low end. There was still something minor missing for me, so I put another amp in parallel with it (a Marshall grn something...) and it absolutely killed. Note definition with a healthy dose of SLAP.

BTW, I put a Drive block (Esoteric I think sounded best), and some 'verb and Multidelay in parallel, and I hit 'THAT' Marshall-ish solo tone I so dearly love.

I'll need to work with the other preset. Next to the 100 it felt thin. Not sure I'll use it, but it's worth a few minutes (and the right guitar) to see if it is a keeper. My guess is to use it more like a MV amp; dial back volume knob, put some thump in there, grease it up with sag, and see where it takes me.

Thanks Pete! I know that putting up presets feels a little like giving away knowledge when you've spent so much time on them, but it is much appreciated for the layman. Guitar Nerd that you are.

Ron

Man, I love these patches (Must confess to being a fan of Pete's already though! Lol! Shameful I know...) if I can get these to sound live anything like they do coming through my monitors I'll probably spaff on the spot!

Man, I love these patches (Must confess to being a fan of Pete's already though! Lol! Shameful I know...) if I can get these to sound live anything like they do coming through my monitors I'll probably spaff on the spot!

Thanks! :) Glad you guys have been enjoying the patches, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and I really appreciate the enthusiasm and kind words from y'all!

I've been on tour for 4 months, and I'm kinda out of the loop... it seems 12.0 is out already, as well as the new Cab IR mixing thingy, etc, I'm going to have to devote some time soon to checking out what's new in Axeland when i get back into my studio in a few weeks!

Pete

Great to hear from you Pete, and great that you've been busy. Thanks for all your contributions to the Axe forum and guitardom in general. Still working on several of your lessons. Rock On!

Thanks! :) Glad you guys have been enjoying the patches, the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and I really appreciate the enthusiasm and kind words from y'all!

I've been on tour for 4 months, and I'm kinda out of the loop... it seems 12.0 is out already, as well as the new Cab IR mixing thingy, etc, I'm going to have to devote some time soon to checking out what's new in Axeland when i get back into my studio in a few weeks!

Pete

Speaking of "what's new" ... any future solo projects in the works? :)

Guitar Nerd is awesome Pete! :encouragement:

Pete
Pete ..., any more thought given to putting together an IR pack for sale ? Everyone loves your stuff ! I would think that bottling the sound of your studio with all your expertise in mic'ing cabs / speakers would be an immediate hit ? NO ?

Pete ..., any more thought given to putting together an IR pack for sale ? Everyone loves your stuff ! I would think that bottling the sound of your studio with all your expertise in mic'ing cabs / speakers would be an immediate hit ? NO ?

I'd be grabbing that up as soon as it was released!

Thanks- I've been writing and I want to record some songs starting very soon! So I'm thinking about it- hope to get something done by mid 2014 for sure.

Looking forward to hearing more from you Pete. I bet those Yaron's bring on some inspired sessions for 2014.

Back
Top Bottom