Anybody like the default presets?

LVC.....the URL to your wipebank file is dead from my browser. I would love to have a copy if possible.
FYI......love your v11 twin tweed patches on Axe-Change.

The new default presets are extremely slow to go through. Every one of them sounds so good that I can't stop playing. I am maybe up to the VibroVerb after a couple hours last night. Firmware 11.0 is the tits. Axe Edit is great, too.

LVC, please post some of your tweaked presets? I think it would be good for people to hear what you're doing to them. There tends to be a certain.... knee-jerk reaction around here when someone says they like things... different... this would be a great way to prevent that.

It is the factory presets.

Loaded up some of my presets and they sounded awesome. Minor tweaking needed on the delay and reverb for my basic clean -- have not tackled the drives yet.

Major sigh of relief!

My recommendation for future releases and bank updates.

Give an alternatives "Bank A, B and C -- Bank A Leave blank Bank B load with the amps (by maker and model) Bank C a good mix of well designed presets that show different layouts and uses of effects (no need for fancy tone of the stars stuff) - just functionality highlights. Of course you still give users the option to load up the traditional banks (if they so want it).

Just a thought.

+++1 for that

I use the first 50 of bank A for my presets. I use the remaining 78 on bank A for presets I download or test from other users. My bank B is the FAS bank A download. My bank C is a combo of FAS banks B &C that I like. It's not rocket science. If they added 20 more blank slots that would simply mean we have 404 user slots. I guarantee you if they did it wouldn't be 2 minutes before we got posts like... "why didn't FAS fill out all the slots. Why did they leave 20 empty?

You can easily fool yourself if you want. Just delete the first 20. :)

It is so easy to save and recall presets both in hardware and using the BOT now that none of this should be an issue.

I couldn't have said it better. What I will probably do is set up banks of 5 with the first being clean,and the 5th being very dirty, because that's what you'll end up needing for most music anyway.

I'm just about to embark on a little fine-tuning of my own presets..
from what I'm hearing it seems to be just a few minor things..

- cut a few dB from the low end
- back off a little on the delay mix

I reckon that'll be about it..
Scott was right what he said a week or so ago
something like "just a few minor things and you'll be there"

I just spent the last 2 hours in the Fender presets of FW 11 and I must say that on my CLR active wedge they sound simply fantastic with SC pickups. What is most impressive is how responsive they are and the tone is so well balanced. I could use these for the songs at the regular Sunday gig that require Fender cleans and be perfectly happy (I am going FOH out 1 and CLR out 2 at one service and in-ears at the other). I seriously like what has happened since my introduction to the Axe II and FW 9! Great work!!

I cleaned everything out -- loaded new presets -- first ones I sampled sound like ... well I will try and be diplomatic and just say they do not sound so good.

anybody else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hey Folks,

I dont know if it has beenmentioned here, im am guessing it has, but I dont want to go thru 6 pages of replies. I found the new 11 presets to be verry thin and lifeless until I reloaded the amp block. I know that was the solution when 10 came out, so I just did it, and wham, each pre came to life. You might want to try things like pre-amps or wahs as well. Seemed to do the trick for me. I am happy as Cliff Chase on vacation!

LVC, please post some of your tweaked presets? I think it would be good for people to hear what you're doing to them. There tends to be a certain.... knee-jerk reaction around here when someone says they like things... different... this would be a great way to prevent that.

I plan to.

Was working on/off today on my all around Twin patch that I gig with (single coils version ) -- I should have it done tomorrow. Was having an issue with one scene getting the right level of OD saturation that I wanted and I solved it stacking two pedals (sounds really good). Need to finish dialing in the "Tweed lead scene" and that patch will be done. The delays threw me off a bit (not sure what happened there) but I think I got them under control as well (really had to knock the mix down).

My All around twin patch for humbuckers (which has been my go to patch since Feb) did not translate so well. It still sounded good but this one got super hot. Will try and finish that one tomorrow as well. Then I will tackle my dumble patches.

I just had knee surgery and I will be home all day tomorrow (wife will not be so I can crank the volume and dial the presets in :mrgreen ) My next gig is not until 9/13 so I need to get them all squared away before then!

The amps/presets I use (Twin/Tweed/Dumble) all sound just off the chart crazy good -- just need to spend the time to get them re-dialed in and gig ready.

Last edited:
Well, this FW revision, and the new patches, may have tipped the scale for me.

Until now, I've mostly preferred my own patches better than the Factory Default patches. I've kept Factory Bank A handy, and kept a few odds and ends from the other two banks, but mostly wrote my own from scratch, and preferred them.

Now, with the new upgrades, I think I like the Factory patches better - way to go guys! :encouragement: I'll need to sleep on them a few times, try them in band mixes a few times, in a few different environments, and all of that, but so far, I'm sold.

Just like in previous Bank updates, some of the presets are right on for me and others require some dialing in. Too many variables to have it any other way. What I appreciate is having the advanced details of a given amp model be where they should so that the model represents the amp in sound and feel. That seems to have improved steadily to the point where very little effort is required to make any model sound good, generally speaking. Twist a few dials to adjust EQ/gain/volume and maybe find your preferred IR (if applicable) and you're there.

Anyone who doesn't like the presets can blame me. I dialed in all the presets in the first bank. FWIW I've been playing guitar for over 30 years and played professionally for over 20. Maybe my idea of good tone isn't the same as everyone else but I know my way around amps.

I wouldn't worry about it.

The problem with presets is that people don't get the whole 'compensate for my guitar/setup' aspect. Folks, take into mind YOUR Les Paul, Dean, Strat, Tele, poweramp, monitoring, FOH MAY VERY WELL sound VERY DIFFERENT than the factory presets through your guitar, playing style, etc, etc.

Work with it. Not all the presets will work for you, but honestly, in 20 seconds of tweaking per preset, I have not been able to make most of the (one's I'd use..which is about 30) to work brilliantly.

I know my problem is that my Fratomic's are bass heavy (no 1), my LP is very dark (no 2), my tele is bright (no 3), and my Strat is thin (no 4). In all that, it's taken me all of that 20 seconds to dial, and had something I went into sonic nirvana. The concept that all presets will sound good with every guitar, every playing style, and every 'what you think it should be' is silly.

Work the baseline. From my standpoint, this is the benchmark FW and list of presets that should define what can be backline at any venue, and a must for every studio.

The problem with presets is that people don't get the whole 'compensate for my guitar/setup' aspect. Folks, take into mind YOUR Les Paul, Dean, Strat, Tele, poweramp, monitoring, FOH MAY VERY WELL sound VERY DIFFERENT than the factory presets through your guitar, playing style, etc, etc.

Work with it. Not all the presets will work for you, but honestly, in 20 seconds of tweaking per preset, I have not been able to make most of the (one's I'd use..which is about 30) to work brilliantly.

I know my problem is that my Fratomic's are bass heavy (no 1), my LP is very dark (no 2), my tele is bright (no 3), and my Strat is thin (no 4). In all that, it's taken me all of that 20 seconds to dial, and had something I went into sonic nirvana. The concept that all presets will sound good with every guitar, every playing style, and every 'what you think it should be' is silly.

Work the baseline. From my standpoint, this is the benchmark FW and list of presets that should define what can be backline at any venue, and a must for every studio.

Exactly. Any preset that I've worked with that was anything like a sound I want to and have a clue how to deal with is tweakable to work for me within a matter of seconds at this point. I may want darker, brighter, more or less gain, but that's like any amp or rig. I can hardly believe how good things sound.

Hey....didn't see that post - good idea! Let's start a collection of "well designed" or "amp classic presets" :) - as this was Laz's idea, he should decide which preset qualify to enter the collection......

No No No No.... I think it is a more appropriate job for someone from a "neutral" country :mrgreen

Some are good starters, more gain and highs if needed,delay and reverb and I'm a happy camper :encouragement:

I'm just glad the Poltergeist Pig preset is still there...I played that preset yet again tonight...lol...

I played thru a couple more dozen factory presets tonight (some that were not even reworked; just stripped the FX off and just left amp/cab) and thru my FRFR system the large majority of the various amp/cab combinations sounded pretty good to me with very little, or no adjustment, at all....v11 is the by far the easiest and most fun firmware I've used. I use a Suhr S4 HSS and auditioning factory presets with a humbucker or single coil I found gig worth tones all over the place...

A huge +1 to this!

A buddy of mine who gigs regularly came over about two weeks ago to demo the Axe II (he's been playing the Ultra for quite some time.). I gave him the $2 tour and let him jam on it. Less than a week later he had one sitting on his door step with a gig in 3 days. I can't remember the exact time it took him to have it ready but it wasn't long and he gigged with it that weekend (three sets of covers) and loved it. Granted everyone's requirements are different (as EP states below) and YMMV.

In much older firmwares I spent hours trying some deep editing techniques posted here. After hours of editing and trying various things I finally settled and felt good about the tone I had with this one preset. I compared it to the original and noticed that I had went in a circle and was damned close to where I started. Again, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom