Suddenly I got gain/saturation..?

Artean

Inspired
Cheers,

While I have enjoyed FW 10 and its following updates, I still thought a lot of high gain amps lacked... well gain and saturation. Certainly so when I compared the 6160 block and 6160 II sims with my real 5150 block. When I booted up my Axe an hour ago and started building a preset from scratch, I immediately noticed there where more gain then earlier. The one thing I did differently this time was using the front knobs and not Axe Edit to do my tweaking.

Have any of you been through the same? Or do any of you have an idea of what could have changed? Is Axe edit to blame and, hence, still a no-go for patch building?

I'm, no doubt, very satisfied with how my Axe currently sounds but, at the same time, slightly puzzled over what caused this sudden change.

Don't trust Axe Edit for anything. Just for looking - not for editing. Hoses my patches every time I try.

Front panel is the way to go.

Yeah, it might be that easy but still... could AE really make that big of a difference? Everything seems both more saturated and a tad more scooped (which I prefer, though).

so far, i've only built presets using axe edit...and no problems that i can tell. i will be trying front panel only and see if there is a difference for me.

AE corrupted some of my presets and I got the symptoms that you've described.
I re-built my presets using the front panel and all is well now.
Cliff warned us that the new firmware is not compatible with AE. I thought I would be immune. I was wrong.
From now on, I shall take Cliff's advice. :)

I haven't used Axe Edit in forev's... I actually like the front panel.... Although I would like a better way of seeing all my presets for organization purposes....

I thought people have said often enough to reset your patches, which is essentially what he did, but didn't know it.

I only use Axe manage, you can still audition a patch and then save it with the front panel.
I've gotten very comfortable with the front panel and I used to be all Axe Edit.
Now I'm scared to touch anything in it for fear of corruption.

I've been using AE 1.3 the latest to move blocks and adjust prams and then save on the front panel. That's been working for me is that OK to do?

Back
Top Bottom