will the FX3 come out as soon as i buy the Fx2

No matter how old or obsolete your axe fx becomes, I guarantee you 100 percent that it will ALWAYS do what you bought it to do.

Vintage gear baby -- 15 years from now the AF2 will probably be worth more than it sells for new now.

Have you seen what 2290's are going for lately?

I purchased an Ultra... Two hours before i found out the AXE-FX II had been announced days earlier! I have to admit, I was a tad bit angry that day! I should have bookmarked the website, not the purchase page.

Lucky for me, my slot on the wait list seemed to take forever, giving me three whole months to explore the Ultra, which only needed one last update to ver 11.00. I was blown away. The feel was just so amazing, the FX, an amazing dream-world.

When the II arrived, it stepped the detail and feel up a notch. And, the feel and capabilities of the AXE-FX II have been evolving.

But bying one is a lot like buying a high-performance race-car that happens to be street-legal. It is very complex and extremely versatile, but if you're like me, and have been commuting to work in a 100 Horse-power Saturn, its not something you can just jump in and drive like any plain old car, without getting in a crash. Keep that in mind, that is why posters have recommended the simple approach; start by finding your favorite Amp, Cab, and Delay in a basic preset from scratch, then build as you go.

I would recommend reading Scott Peterson's "Taming the Monster" posts, to explore the "SPKR" tab in the amp block. Genius. Also check out James Santiago - Capturing CAB IRs with the Axe-FX II on YouTube, and be sure to download his IRs.

I now realize that I have had the unlikely rare honor of being a member of a group of users who have not simply purchased a box for $X.xx, but rather own a platform that gives us free access to the developers of the best, specialized computer algorithms for musicians and engineers in history. All that, for a fraction of what it would cost to hire a consultant to develop one tested static application on a similar level, if that could even be possible. It truly is a 21st century platform and it keeps getting better.

To this day, I still own both units, and I don't regret buying the Ultra when I did. And yes, I still drive that old 1997 100 HP Saturn, I don't mind sacrificing in my car budget to participate in this great 21st century platform, but that's my choice, and both get me where I need to go.

Just my $0.02, YMMV. Now, I'm off to upgrade the firmware on my II to Version 10.11, and check out the new Dumble Lead, and Vox Wha models.

Cheers,
Rick

I purchased an Ultra... Two hours before i found out the AXE-FX II had been announced days earlier! I have to admit, I was a tad bit angry that day! I should have bookmarked the website, not the purchase page.

Lucky for me, my slot on the wait list seemed to take forever, giving me three whole months to explore the Ultra, which only needed one last update to ver 11.00. I was blown away. The feel was just so amazing, the FX, an amazing dream-world.

When the II arrived, it stepped the detail and feel up a notch. And, the feel and capabilities of the AXE-FX II have been evolving.

But bying one is a lot like buying a high-performance race-car that happens to be street-legal. It is very complex and extremely versatile, but if you're like me, and have been commuting to work in a 100 Horse-power Saturn, its not something you can just jump in and drive like any plain old car, without getting in a crash. Keep that in mind, that is why posters have recommended the simple approach; start by finding your favorite Amp, Cab, and Delay in a basic preset from scratch, then build as you go.

I would recommend reading Scott Peterson's "Taming the Monster" posts, to explore the "SPKR" tab in the amp block. Genius. Also check out James Santiago - Capturing CAB IRs with the Axe-FX II on YouTube, and be sure to download his IRs.

I now realize that I have had the unlikely rare honor of being a member of a group of users who have not simply purchased a box for $X.xx, but rather own a platform that gives us free access to the developers of the best, specialized computer algorithms for musicians and engineers in history. All that, for a fraction of what it would cost to hire a consultant to develop one tested static application on a similar level, if that could even be possible. It truly is a 21st century platform and it keeps getting better.

To this day, I still own both units, and I don't regret buying the Ultra when I did. And yes, I still drive that old 1997 100 HP Saturn, I don't mind sacrificing in my car budget to participate in this great 21st century platform, but that's my choice, and both get me where I need to go.

Just my $0.02, YMMV. Now, I'm off to upgrade the firmware on my II to Version 10.11, and check out the new Dumble Lead, and Vox Wha models.

Cheers,
Rick

Excellent post Rick!

And skip 11 and go right to FW10.12 !!

This thread reminds me of one of my favourite passages from Douglas Adams' "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy", when Slartibartfast finishes explaining about Deep Thought's construction of Earth to Arthur:

Arthur Dent: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world.

Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that.

I can't help but think that tonally, the AxeFX 3 will be an evolution over the 2, but not the revolution that the 2 with firmware 10 is over the Gen 1 units. The amp vibe is so "there" now that I can't help but feel that an AxeFX 3 will focus on other things, like connectivity and usability.

I know, this post may be laughed at years from now like the "People will never need more than 640kb of Ram" line is today.

Back
Top Bottom