vh-axe-fx-ii-fw-10.11

Sounds great :encouragement: Now that you teased us with a great vh tone, Could you share that preset Please :D

Sounds great :encouragement: Now that you teased us with a great vh tone, Could you share that preset Please :D

No, I will wait for the next FW to come out and that will be my excuse why not to share ;) jk

I will, but I want to shoot a video with it first.

Sounds Great!! +1 on preset, still with Slash LP? Captured The tone and vibe! I like it!!!

No, I will wait for the next FW to come out and that will be my excuse why not to share ;) jk

I will, but I want to shoot a video with it first.
You know, at the rate the FW is coming out, you have a day to two. It was actually kind of nice to get a Friday "off".

Sounds great. I wonder if you're doing what I do: Plexi Treble and all controls at 10. Sounds similar.

Sounds great. I wonder if you're doing what I do: Plexi Treble and all controls at 10. Sounds similar.

That's what I have been doing, Plexi 100, all at 10, but I couldn't get some vibe there. I tried the FAS Brown now, which I didn't fancy much before, but it has some certain tone that is better for VH imho. I do the same thing though, set everything to 10, then lowered the bass since I had to compensate.

sounds very good
have you tried the Atomica Hi? I've had really good luck getting this type of tone with that amp model (Especially the VH II album sound)
the Brit Brown seems to work better for me on the Means Streets "drier" tone.
I'd be very interested in seeing this patch too :)

sounds good, but there's that "sizzle" missing IMHO. Eddie's tone always has that supercool sizzle on top of the notes, like butter in a frying pan :). could be down to the guitar you're using (and the PU), could also be down to the amp sim. in real life, apart from a few Plexis, I've only heard that same sizzle coming from Suhr's SL68 amps and the Bray 4550. at least those two do it really well. if Cliff could get his hands on either I'd be very happy :)

Think that sizzle is a result of the Variac he used on the Marshall,Big contributer to his tone, I wonder if there's a way to emulate that with the advanced controls? Cliff?

Love it man. Your recording inspired me to try to emulate your VH tone! I only have an ultra unit but I think I got pretty close. I used the brown model with a med-cathedral reverb. Cranked the master and upped the bass a tad and it sounded really good! It doesn't sound as dynamic as yours but Im using a artsla2 into a carvin 412 so that might be coloring it a little differently. Thanks for the inspiration levipeto!

Back
Top Bottom