Ola Englund Axe Fx 2 Firmware 10 - Metal Preset Pack!!!

Nevermore shirt! How do we load these presets up? My axe fx isn't even showing up in AE anymore since i upgraded to 10.11.

You can load presets/user IR's with fractal bot? I didn't see that any where in the manual.

Fractal-Bot can be used to send files to your Axe-Fx II or MFC-101. This allows you to transmit firmware
updates, restore backups, install presets or user cabs you’ve downloaded, or transfer settings from one unit to
another. The program is self-guided, with onscreen instructions.

From page 2 in the bot Manual :)

Fractal-Bot can be used to send files to your Axe-Fx II or MFC-101. This allows you to transmit firmware
updates, restore backups, install presets or user cabs you’ve downloaded, or transfer settings from one unit to
another. The program is self-guided, with onscreen instructions.

From page 2 in the bot Manual :)
Sweet! I just tried it successfully. I had no idea Fractal bot could do that! Thanks for the help, now on to trying these presets...

Reactions: Ole
Ola is too brutal for me. I like him and what he does but IMO too much brutality ends up sounding unprofessional although he is pro... cheers if you're reading Ola. Love you man!

IMO, in today's metal scene, there is no such things as "too brutal". 10 years ago, we didn't have 8 string guitars, now we have 9 and 10 strings popping. Everything evolves and pushes boundaries. Ola is great at what he does AND makes a living from it. He must be doing something right, no?

Sweet! I just tried it successfully. I had no idea Fractal bot could do that! Thanks for the help, now on to trying these presets...

So how did you like the presets ? I loaded them up quick n easy with fractal bot - the Thordendal patch sounds great for that amp ( brutal ) but the recto patches did not work for me at all , dead in the middle dead up top yuck , perhaps its becasue I dont have a 7 - 8 string ? active pickups ? The guitar I used is a Carvin st300 decent powerful p'ups for non active . Anyhow I'm going to disect the patches to learn how its done and also try to tweak so they work with my gear .

So how did you like the presets ? I loaded them up quick n easy with fractal bot - the Thordendal patch sounds great for that amp ( brutal ) but the recto patches did not work for me at all , dead in the middle dead up top yuck , perhaps its becasue I dont have a 7 - 8 string ? active pickups ? The guitar I used is a Carvin st300 decent powerful p'ups for non active . Anyhow I'm going to disect the patches to learn how its done and also try to tweak so they work with my gear .

I'll be downloading these this afternoon...my guitars are loaded with EMG's, Duncan PATB2's and TB4's, Dimarzio X2N etc.
I'll let you know how they work for me...I'll be using a CLR during testing :)

I like Ola and what he does. He has his thing, and he does it with grace and ease.

These presets, however, translated very, very poorly to my BRJ 727 loaded with BKP Painkillers. I mean, hilariously bad sounding. I even loaded them a couple of times to make sure that there weren't any glitches. Were these made up with 10.11 in mind? Because it's possible, I suppose, that if they were made before 10.06, all the wonkiness is because of the way the bass response and gain changed once the new FW came out.

Granted, I haven't had a lot of luck with any presets from other players, so I guess we can all take this with a grain of salt. Ola - you certainly sound great in the video. Thanks for all the things you do!

I like Ola and what he does. He has his thing, and he does it with grace and ease.

These presets, however, translated very, very poorly to my BRJ 727 loaded with BKP Painkillers. I mean, hilariously bad sounding. I even loaded them a couple of times to make sure that there weren't any glitches. Were these made up with 10.11 in mind? Because it's possible, I suppose, that if they were made before 10.06, all the wonkiness is because of the way the bass response and gain changed once the new FW came out.

Granted, I haven't had a lot of luck with any presets from other players, so I guess we can all take this with a grain of salt. Ola - you certainly sound great in the video. Thanks for all the things you do!

I have never had someone else's(even the pros like Bulb) preset translate well in my rig. It's making me question if I know good tone or not.

Back
Top Bottom