Firmware Version 10.10 Now Available

Based on Fredrik's personal specifications as it says in the release notes.

I get a crushing metal tone with the settings below. Similar to the settings in the DAR video teaser, but I don't know if the amps are similar. The resulting tone is among the heaviest tones I've gotten out of the Axe ever (I'm not a metal player).

Modern model
Gain 6.50
Bass 6
Mid 1
Treble 7
HiCut 0

Cab: 2x Uber T75, 1x 57 dyn, 1x r121.

Plus a TS9 block with little Drive and high Level before the amp. This tames the overwhelming low frequencies.

Play in dropped tuning (of course).

thanks Yek, I thought maybe it was maybe a DAR based on quick google search, Thor. had some DAR made to his specifications. Cant wait to try!!!!!!!!

Reactions: yek
Just did a quick test and got to say I'm a bit surprised how far off it seems to the DAR - both how it handles palm mutes as well as the available gain on tap. Boosting sure is a necessity to get any where close. It seems dry in the same manner, though.

darn, was hoping for sssssssssssssssssssssick gain;

ADD ON:

Ok tried it with yeks suggestions, frikking awesome, with my 7 string, very meshuggah, in fact it likes most of the cabs and mics I threw at it; started confusing myself what I liked better. VERY VERY NICE addition, instant gratification. Thanks Cliff.

Last edited:
I got Axe with me, but no guitar... And no speakers :(

Thanks Cliff and FAS. You are making life fun :)

ooh...what a sweet add! Fredirik Thordendal’s traditional jazz amps for stellar clean tones - gonna check them out tonite :lol

Much thx for the update! Hat off!

Cheers
Paco

9W1WORE.jpg

This is sooo sweet! :)

The update didn't go well for me...
I think it fried my AXE-II unit... everything went well in fractal-bot then I heard weird sounds on the monitors the Axe lcd became scrambled and then nothing...
I had to power it off, and when I boot it again it didn't boot at all, all light on and nothing happens.

Any way of resetting the whole thing ? or will I have to send it back to G66 ???

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Btw, I live in Europe (France)

The update didn't go well for me...
I think it fried my AXE-II unit... everything went well in fractal-bot then I heard weird sounds on the monitors the Axe lcd became scrambled and then nothing...
I had to power it off, and when I boot it again it didn't boot at all, all light on and nothing happens.

Any way of resetting the whole thing ? or will I have to send it back to G66 ???

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Btw, I live in Europe (France)

Hold down the RECALL button as you power up. You might have to do it a couple of times. I had to do it twice before mine came back to life after a failed firmware update.

Didn't Help fix the thing but thanks for the tip

G66 support is taking it from there I'll never say how good their support is !
5 min for a proper answer and potential solution.

Part of what makes a product and company a good one is their support model.

Thanks for another amazing update Cliff--The second best thing about owning the AXII (after playing the amazing sounds of course) is watching in real time a genius relentlessly pursuing the goal of making the ultimate guitar fx machine...

G66 support is taking it from there I'll never say how good their support is !
5 min for a proper answer and potential solution.

Part of what makes a product and company a good one is their support model.

Kikok, what's the solution?

Btw, thanks Cliff and team!

Back
Top Bottom