Still no word on CLR's ,about to give it up!

No offense, but since when is the opinion of a "heavy hitter" a quality criteria of audio gear? Or why is his more valuable than others? Maybe I didn't get the memo or I just don't understand that term correct, sorry not a native speaker. ;)

Until now I always thought: With audio gear its just like with "the beauty is in the eye of the beholder".. like in the "ear of the listener"?

You answered your own question better than anyone could.... And you are correct IMHO

Not a heavy hitter and Tom just personally emailed me about the status of wedges. Great customer service and very appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully retract my reference to "Heavy Hitters" I did not mean to offend anyone or to minimize anyone's opinion of any speaker solution. Consider me officially reprimanded. I want to buy a Xitone and want it to be better than a CLR due to availability, color options, etc. I am just concerned that it seems to be losing the forum popularity contest as least with respect to those who are posting and those who have earned my trust as liking a similar tone. For example, when Scott Peterson raves about something, I take notice. Does that make Scott Peterson better than anyone else? No it does not. Again sorry to all.

Hey Shredology,

Thanks for the post. That takes character, and I personally appreciate it.

That said... me and tone pilgrim (another forum member) will be doing a comparison of my XiTone 1x12 passive wedge and an Atomic passive CLR wedge with a Matrix GT800FX power amp this Friday. I consider myself to be an honest, unbiased person, and I will do my best to convey my honest, unbiased opinion of our comparison (as I'm sure tone pilgrim will as well) in a post here either Friday night or sometime during the weekend. My post may not win a popularity contest, but I honestly don't care. What it will do is convey my opinion and some facts about our comparison, and my hope is that it will help folks such as yourself who are on the fence about which FRFR solution to go with. What type of tones do you like? My favorite tones are high gain, Mesa type tones, but I also dig and respect great Fender clean tones, as well as low to mid gain Marshall type tones. I'm also really, really starting to dig the Dumble type tones as well.

Oh, and Scott Peterson raves about almost EVERYTHING, especially every firmware release since 1.0. DOH! :eek::eek-new:;) (just teasin', Scott! Love ya, mang!)

-Tom

Last edited:
Sorry didn't mean to leave you guys hanging. He said they had an email issue where incoming messages were going to the wrong sub folder and they weren't seeing them. He also said an update is coming soon from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about "heavy hitters" but I've spoken privately to a couple of people on this board that have
had the chance to try the Xitone wedges and they have had nothing but glowing reviews of them.
The only "not glowing" review I've heard has been from one member here and he had a very early version of a Xitone product.
I would not write them off, the whole "daisy chain" set up you can do with these has me intrigued.
I love my RCF and apparently they hold their own against them just fine, which to me, says quite a lot,as I've been thoroughly let down
by quite a few FRFR rigs that have received rave reviews on this forum in the past.

Nick, a guy I went to high school with is in a band called Diezel and is playing the Bell in Hand next Saturday...he has two wedges. I'll probably go see him Friday night a little closer to me and hear these firsthand...

Really, which guitarist (I think they have two?)
I know Steve from Diezel, but didn't think he had an Axe?
We play a lot of the same clubs (my cover band is Jimmy's Down)
.....the world keeps getting smaller (or the Axe keeps getting bigger ;))

Steve got thrown out, I think John is currently the only guitarist. I've heard of you guys, haven't seen you yet though. I used to play bass (just quit) in For Pete's Sake. I don't want to play bass, I'm a guitarist and I wanna play metal, especially with my awesome new amp :)

Hey Shredology,

That said... me and tone pilgrim (another forum member) will be doing a comparison of my XiTone 1x12 passive wedge and an Atomic passive CLR wedge with a Matrix GT800FX power amp this Friday. I consider myself to be an honest, unbiased person, and I will do my best to convey my honest, unbiased opinion of our comparison (as I'm sure tone pilgrim will as well) in a post here either Friday night or sometime during the weekend. My post may not win a popularity contest, but I honestly don't care. What it will do is convey my opinion and some facts about our comparison, and my hope is that is will help folks such as yourself who are on the fence about which FRFR solution to go with. What type of tones do you like? My favorite tones are high gain, Mesa type tones, but I also dig and respect great Fender clean tones, as well as low to mid gain Marshall type tones. I'm also really, really starting to dig the Dumble type tones as well.

Oh, and Scott Peterson raves about almost EVERYTHING, especially every firmware release since 1.0. DOH! :eek::eek-new:;) (just teasin', Scott! Love ya, mang!)

-Tom

I am very excited to get your review. I would say that I am into almost the same type of tones with the exception of the Mesa stuff. I tend to favor the more hot rodded Marshall sounds of the 80's with respect to high gain but also warm cleans and Dumble stuff for sure

I am very excited to get your review. I would say that I am into almost the same type of tones with the exception of the Mesa stuff. I tend to favor the more hot rodded Marshall sounds of the 80's with respect to high gain but also warm cleans and Dumble stuff for sure

Oh yeah, I dig the 80s metal/rock tones too! Grew up on that stuff! \m/ \m/

Hey Shredology,

That said... me and tone pilgrim (another forum member) will be doing a comparison of my XiTone 1x12 passive wedge and an Atomic passive CLR wedge with a Matrix GT800FX power amp this Friday. I consider myself to be an honest, unbiased person, and I will do my best to convey my honest, unbiased opinion of our comparison (as I'm sure tone pilgrim will as well) in a post here either Friday night or sometime during the weekend. My post may not win a popularity contest, but I honestly don't care. What it will do is convey my opinion and some facts about our comparison, and my hope is that is will help folks such as yourself who are on the fence about which FRFR solution to go with. What type of tones do you like? My favorite tones are high gain, Mesa type tones, but I also dig and respect great Fender clean tones, as well as low to mid gain Marshall type tones. I'm also really, really starting to dig the Dumble type tones as well.

-Tom

Shred... +100 We should all follow your example! Though I don't think you meant anything bad... jmho
It's obvious CLR's are popular... and for good reason, no matter who is using them... Tom and Jay are Cliff - level gearheads with a passion> Having dealt with Mick the past week, I believe him to be on that level too.
I ordered the Xitone out of necessity of having to have something soon, I need less weight too (old man post surgery back).... and I wanted a powered wedge.... Mine will have the new updated Matrix amp .. I'm psyched! Hope to offer a vid demo too and those can form their own opinion.

Shred... +100 We should all follow your example! Though I don't think you meant anything bad... jmho
It's obvious CLR's are popular... and for good reason, no matter who is using them... Tom and Jay are Cliff - level gearheads with a passion> Having dealt with Mick the past week, I believe him to be on that level too.
I ordered the Xitone out of necessity of having to have something soon, I need less weight too (old man post surgery back).... and I wanted a powered wedge.... Mine will have the new updated Matrix amp .. I'm psyched! Hope to offer a vid demo too and those can form their own opinion.

So did you go with the 2X12?

Shred... .. It's obvious CLR's are popular... and for good reason, no matter who is using them... Tom and Jay are Cliff - level gearheads with a passion> Having dealt with Mick the past week, I believe him to be on that level too. I ordered the Xitone out of necessity of having to have something soon, I need less weight too (old man post surgery back).... and I wanted a powered wedge.... Mine will have the new updated Matrix amp .. I'm psyched! Hope to offer a vid demo too and those can form their own opinion.

Lots of great options out there with lots of folks rooting for their "home" team ..

My friend swears by the Xitone and he is a true heavy weight in my book that calls it like he "hears" it. He is one person whose recommendation would be more than enough for me to buy something sight unseen.

So I think you made a great decision.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom