Axe-FX II: Dumble Amp Patch

Gamedojo that sounds wicked. I have decided to use preset 38 which is using the Dumble lead, as my new overdriven sound instead of the plexi. I need to add another overdrive so I can stack them, but that's about it.

Thanks for buying that Amp Cliff, it really does do a lot.

Around :28-31 -- that is a signature Dumble "note flip" (maybe not the right term). It almost sounds like you are taking a deep breath and pulling on the Slider of a Trombone. Classic dumble.

Last edited:
Along with Cooper's Bonamassa patch, I had a blast with this one as well today. Definitely some mojo in there and it's fun to play all over the neck, different pickup options, tone knob options, etc. Reacts really well. Thanks for the patch!

Around :28-31 -- that is a signature Dumble "note flip" (maybe not the right term). It almost sounds like you are taking a deep breath and pulling on the Slider of a Trombone. Classic dumble.

Funny you describe it that way. My impression of the Dumble tone is that it has a trumpet-like quality.

Funny you describe it that way. My impression of the Dumble tone is that it has a trumpet-like quality.

It has a horn quality to it no question about it -- that is why so many jazz cats/fusion players dig it. I love it for R&B/soul. The reasons why I stopped playing the clones and went back to fenders (besides having to carry around a separate rack with a dumblelator etc) was because I was never happy with the clean channels of the clones. Overdrive channels for the most part sounded pretty damn good -- but the cleans .... lets just say I thought they were a little challenged.

So I went back to Fenders (Twin) and used a Zendrive (which by the way is RF's setup when he does not have one of his Dumbles).

Now I can have a Real Twin as my clean channel and a "Real" Dumble as my drive channel.

I really like the way this one (213) is voiced!

It is a beautiful thing!

Last edited:

"Flutey" was always my mental picture... but its also a reason I've never sought the Dumble tone since I'm more of a nasty raw vintage marshall type player. But my patch will come in handy in the future I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom