CPU Usage Changes between Scenes

sprint

Axe-Master
I noticed that in one of my patches which contains several scenes: when in scene 1 cpu is at 87%, but in scene 4, cpu is at 95%.

Can anyone elaborate on this (I expected CPU to be the same across scenes since all the blocks are the same between the two scenes with only differences in on/off state).

Some of the different effect settings use different cpu. changing reverb density changes cpu, etc. So if you have x/y with diff settings that may account for it.

Interesting - I'd alway understood that when a block is present it is using its full CPU but as I see here, settings have an effect as you explained. Thanks

Had the same here with my all-in-one-preset setup (2 amps 2 cabs, whole lotta effects)..... it comes from different effect settings (ever watched your cpu usage while changing delay modes? ;) ).

A good example of noticeably differing CPU use is the cab mode: "X" could be hi res and "Y" could be mono lo res, which affects CPU use considerably - regardless of bypass states.

A good example of noticeably differing CPU use is the cab mode: "X" could be hi res and "Y" could be mono lo res, which affects CPU use considerably - regardless of bypass states.

After closer review, that was the culprit here (Y Cab set at hires) - fixing that levelled out the cpu across scenes though I do notice some effects (ie pitch) draw a bit of added cpu when being actively used as mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom