Apparently Fractal Like Dropbox...

If & when it happens, it happens ~ I must say that the wait seems a bit overbearing and unusual, but I am always trying to stay positive... bring it on!!!

The reasons it has taken seemingly so 'long' will be immediately understood once it is released.

This is comment means that FW10 is going to epic. I've read a lot of (proper) Scott superlatives, but none this jaw dropping.

FW 10 officially going to be EPIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCC!!!

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reasons it has taken seemingly so 'long' will be immediately understood once it is released.

Thanks Scott - I know you are not one to mislead. I, like others have grown a bit weary of waiting, and so I have kind of put it into the realm of 'inner earth', etc... ;o)

Well,i think i will L.O.V.E the New FW 10
It sounds good,and i know it will be Easy as F*ck to dail in. New Cabs.New amps.

It`s hard to wait,we all know this... But.. it will be Epic!

This will all be good in the end
:)

In the accounting industry, Dropbox has been deemed as an insecure method of storing and transferring data files.

How does Microsoft Skydrive rate? Sorry to interrupt this thread.

Regards,

Chizzy
From a couple emails I received earlier this year...

------

...there are very few cloud services that have sufficient protection for the compliance needed for CPA Firms. ShareFile, Thomson NetClient CS and CCH Portal are all examples of products that are sufficient. Examples of products that are not: DropBox, Box, SugarSync, iCloud, Microsoft SkyDrive and Google Drive.

------

https://www.dropbox.com/help/238/en

From the link above…

“Unfortunately, Dropbox does not currently have HIPAA, FERPA, SAS 70, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, or PCI certifications. We'll update this page with any new certifications as we receive them.”

(Emphasis added)

Dropbox is not a service for sensitive data, nor do they claim to be. If they get SSAE 16 certification one day (the replacement for SAS 70), then I’d say they’d be worth at least a look, but not before then.

I recommend Sharefile. We’ve been using it for years. It even has a dropbox-like app you can install for the desktop if you really want that particular feature...

------

To add to the above emails we were using ShareFile and have moved over to CPASafeMail which is pretty much the same service with some added features like modifying a pdf directly (which saves us a step on our end because of our document management system) and a pay per use eSignature module all built into an Outlook plugin.

I ordered a custom Suhr a few days ago. I'm curious to see which arrives first! :lol

Sorry, couldn't resist a good jab. Just kidding of course. Version 9 is awesome and I have no complaints. But it's hard not to get excited with all of the teasers for version 10. I'm really looking forward to AE and 10!

Have a good weekend all!

Back
Top Bottom